Do you get upset if your DH doesn't eat what you cook

and instead say he brings home some take-out that he had leftover from lunch? My DH bought home his leftover lunch, some take out he had bought. And so he ate that for dinner while me and the kids ate leftovers that I had cooked. When I asked him if he'd eat the leftover dinner tomorrow for lunch or dinner and he said no, to throw it out. But he wants to save the food he brought home instead. So I'm a bit annoyed. I feel like throwing his food out.

Am I nitpicking?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do agree that it is not ok for him to eat take out without getting something for everyone. If he is getting take out for lunch while at work, I can understand that, and I can understand eating it for dinner or lunch the next day, to keep it from going to waste but he should have at least called you to ask if he should pick something up for you and the kids. Or just saved it for the next day and had dinner with the family.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• i'd be pissed too.are you making food he likes? or is he just addicted to take out?
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 10:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Did you ask if he liked what you had cooked? I can't say whether or not you are nitpicking because I don't know the situation fully. I can just say that if I cook something new and Brandon doesn't like it, he will tell me and I will not cook it again. Unless I really liked it, then I will just make it for me. There have been times when I have cooked things that I know he likes and he ate something else because he said he was just not in the mood for what I cooked. If he is nice about it then I just let it go. I wouldn't throw his food out if I were you. He is a grown man and no one can force him to eat something he does not want. I would just talk to him about why he didn't want what you cooked. If he is nice about It, let it go. If he is an A$$ then just don't cook for him for a couple of days. That will teach him not to take your hard work for granted.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• It use to bother me, then I realized he just may not be in the mood for whatever we are having to eat. I usually cook what he likes but do know that somedays you may not want chicken or spaghetti or whatever. I don't take it personal.
    Anonymous

• My husband always eats what I cook unless he's just not hungry or feeling well.
    Anonymous

• My DH eats anything I make. He will tell me to tear that page out of the recipe book if he doesn't like something. He is so sweet about it.
    Anonymous

• my husband loves my cooking and eats everything I cook. If he didn't I would be upset. I have ruined a couple meals (in my opinion), and he ate them anyway and said they were great even though I knew they weren't. That's what a supportive, good husband does. I always give him a heads up on what we are having for dinner, and I allow his suggestions also, so I'm not a kitchen nazi, he's just a good man.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• OP here - I try to only cook things that I know he likes; he ate it yesterday with no problem and said it was good. But he has a thing about not eating food after 2 days, and he does like to eat take out. But my feelings are if you want take out or something new, then buy something for all of us. Me and the kids shouldn't have to eat his portion of the dinner leftovers on day 3, just so he can eat his takeout.

Anonymous

• I agree OP

mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I get upset if I've slaved away to make something for him and he doesn't eat it. But if it's something I've just thrown together or heated up, I don't care.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2009