Anybody Own An Electric Wok?

I am thinking of buying an electric wok. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• A steel wok cooks better. the non-stick coating on the electric wok is toxic

Answer by rkoloms at 10:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I love mine. I had one that wasn't electric and enjoyed that. Not sure which kid grew up and took it with them but I got a great deal on an electric one and wouldn't do without it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• What brand and model is the one you have? Thank you
    Anonymous

• We have a Maxim electric wok, but it was a wedding gift 16 years ago. I don't know if it's made any more. But we really love it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• A friend of mine had one for like over 10 years, the first time he went to make me Chinese food it broke, lol. I don't know the brand, though, sorry. Can you just buy a regular wok? I never really understood what difference using an electric one would make & alwasy figure the more "stuff" something gots the more likely it will be to break. A regular wok can't break down on you. My Dad bought a regular wok off of an info-mercial years ago, & he loved it. Good luck in your search.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2009