Does baby number two really come out any easier than baby one?

everyone keeps telling me that my second baby is gonna come out easier, i'm just wondering if there is any truth to this. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well my second child came quicker, the labor was 10 times more intense because it was quicker. I also recovered quicker too
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• This is not ALWAYS fact, but for many women, yes, it's true.
    Because birth is mostly mind-over -matter, we have less fear the second (and so on) time around.
    Also, our bodies have "memory" and do respond more easily to the hormones and the process after the first.

My second birth was SOOO! much easier because I was less afraid and also knew how to move and position my body better. For me it is true.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Not for me, labor and delivery was worse. Number 3, labor was worse, delivery was easier.
    Anonymous

• All of my deliveries were different and I have four. My third took longer than my second! And they were all the same as far as pain.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I don't think so... not that it couldn't... but there is no way to be sure... jsut watched a special on 18 kids and counting where Mrs. Duggar recalled each of her births and some were easier than others, some were vaginal, some were c-section, she had quite a few v-backs, some home births, some natural, some not... and I def remember her saying like her 12th child or something being the hardest to give birth to and she pushed for hours! (YOU'D THINK AFTER HAVING LIKE A MILLION BABIES THEY WOULD JUST FALL OUTTA HER...LOL) Sorry not to discourage you.
    Anonymous

• My labor was longer with my second than my first, but the baby required 1 push and popped out. That did not happen with the first.

My third was also 1 push and out.
    Anonymous

• I have to say labor itself moved faster with the second but he was facing up instead of down and it was hard work to get him out! I pushed for 2 hours....I only pushed 45 min with my first!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I do not know. I have only had one. One friend's first baby was here in a half an hour. From first contraction to the baby coming out, only 1/2 an hour. Her second, from first contraction to baby coming out...8 hours. The third was a c-section.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Not to discourage you or anything but my first was longer, easier, and less painful than my new arrival. With my son, I was in labor for just over a day but I only had to concentrate on contractions for maybe 20 minutes or so right at the end. Pushing wasn't too bad either. My daughter's labor was shorter (about half the time of my son) but far more intense. I had to really concentrate for about half her labor and the mental drain made me feel *a lot* more tired than with my son. Pushing her out also hurt more (I think she had her head turned to the side a little bit and her head was larger at birth than my son's). You'd think my daughter would have been easier since I was at home and had complete freedom of movement (nobody around to make me feel self conscious, lol). But she made me work harder and I felt a lot more pain just because I was so darn tired.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• The kids are not easier, but the job is.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:04 PM on Nov. 4, 2009