How do you let others know that you know something that they do not with 100% certainty without seeming like a full of yourself know-it-all?

There are specific things which I know to be true and I like to spread my knowledge. But some people get so angry and accuse me of being vein and self-righteous and whatnot. It really pisses me off, why do people reject the truth so much? My intent is not malicious nor selfish, it is quite the opposite. I just cannot understand most of you people, so many of you choose to live in ignorance. Why? Is it just pride?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Hmmm. Well, to be honest, I don't worry about what people think of ME as long as they're not thinking I've reported a fact error. As a journalist, my service is to truth. If that makes me seem like a know-it-all, so be it. I've heard that particular charge for nearly 40 years (my dad was the first to throw it at me)...so I've decided to embrace the label.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• well I dont know if you are vain(not vein lol) but you do seem a lil confrontational-saying that because people dont choose to listen to your "wisdom" doesnt make them "chose to live in ignorance"...it just jeans they dont want to listen to you. (shrugs). as for your question how do you share the info whithout seeming like a know it all? well if they ask tell them, if they are looking for the answers you have and to tell them would help, tell them. otherwise, you cant share it and expect anyone to cheer because NO ONE appreciates things being forced or pushed ont hem. do you like that? food for thought.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• if someone doesn't want to hear what you're saying, why keep saying it?

'The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over while getting the same result"
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• What you see as the truth is not always what others see. I mean start off, look at your screen name, it can come off to others that you think all you say is truth, or that it is your duty to put everyone in there place, not to mention sort of vain. I'm not saying you are, but maybe you might want to step back and address your part in these situations. It is not your job to tell others what you believe is right is the only right and accuse them of ignorance,but it's quite alright to share what you believe to be right. I have learned in my life that being right, no matter how right you may be, doesn't always matter. Just being honest.
    Anonymous

• If you feel the need to force it, and you aren't open to anything else, you kind of are acting like a know it all, and maybe are being a little full of yourself. As a stylist, I have to sell product. That person tells me they use suave and then they complain their hair feels like crap, I tell them it's because of the suave. I can try to sell them the product. I discuss it, if they aren't receptive, then that's okay...I'm not going to make my client feel alienated, and risk them not coming back. I am secure knowing that I shared my professional opinion and leave it at that. And who's to say they don't need time to think about it and sometimes they come around!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Because what is 100% right for you isn't always 100% right for others. Btw, it's "vain" not "vein"
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Sorry but there is no 100% absolute I know it all truth. I hate to be rude, but damn what choice do you give. You sound vain, rude, confrontational, and to have holier than thou attitude. I want to chew you out worse than I ever have any one because your question. You didn't even direct any thing at any one so my feeling is very rare. Check your attitude and try again maybe you'll have better luck.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• My first response is you are not supposed to take everything personally in life. It most likely has to do with there hurt ego or pride or just where they may be on their own path right now and you cant argue that point, they will grow and see it when they are ready too. Let It Be.

My second response is dont you think you sound just like the people you are accusing of being this way right now.
    Ranieri

Answer by Ranieri at 12:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I know several people who think they are quite smart in reality they are not half as smart as they think they are. A truly intelligent person can recognise that they do not know everything and that there are still situations and circumstances that vary in shades of gray

karamille

Answer by karamille at 1:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You know what really makes people listen? Calling them ignorant. I say keep going with that, it'll probably work out for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2009