Guess what?! Catholics ARE Christians! We were the 1st Christians!

So whomever says Catholics arent Christians really need a course in Christian History. This topic is so old its petrified.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh my gosh, THANK YOU!!!!! I was just discussing this with someone. Some people are morons!
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU!!!! I have tried to point this out about a hundred times but the Catholic Haters don't want to here it. I have tried to point out that Catholicism and Protestants were the earliest forms of Christianity. Oh well. Some are just too bullheaded to admit when they are dead wrong.
    Anonymous

• Ummm who says Catholics aren't Christians? What kind of Christians were getting fed to the lions? What kind of Christians were burning witches at the stake? What kind of Christians were the early Protestants protesting against?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Who told you they weren't? Whomever did was very wrong.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• So whomever says Catholics arent Christians really need a course in Christian History. This topic is so old its petrified
    Those are probably the same whomever thinks that Martin Luther was a civil rights leader in 1960s, instead of knowing about the 16th century leader of the reformation.
    Anonymous

• Discussing religion one day at work:
    ME:I'm Catholic
    Moron: I'm a Christian
    ME: I'm a Christian too you know.
    Moron: NO, you are catholic!

LMAO....
    Anonymous

• Lots of "MAINSTREAM" Christians on this site love to deny that Catholics are Christians too, Pagan Mama. And you are talking Catholicism from times WAY past. Today's Catholics are not burning anyone and should no longer be punished for the past. Get over it. If you know your history, then you would know that most "WITCHES" burned at the stake had no ties to Wicca or any other Pagan beliefs. So you are not really defending your beliefs by getting involved in the Catholic Bashing. You in fact are setting back the Freedom Of Religion that Pagans are always asking for.
    Anonymous

• The only Catholics that are Christians are the ones who have asked the Lord to be their Savior, asked for forgiveness, repented of their sins and are walking with Jesus Christ according to the Word of God. If your going to a catholic church and have not done this.. you are not a christian.

Your post is like saying Oh my gosh Baptists are Christians or Methodists are Christians .... same thing.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:34 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Ummm who says Catholics aren't Christians?

Stupid people, and a few "very special" ones tend to say it around here daily...anon, of course
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:35 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I am NOT bashing Catholics or anybody else for anything, I am simply pointing out that CATHOLICS are the very first Christians and have a LONG history from right after the Ascention of Jesus Christ till the Protestant Reformation, they were the ONLY Christian church. THAT is in fact what the very word "Catholic" means, real, first, genuine. Good and bad, they were the first Christians. (And, yes, I know that 99.99% of the "Witches" burned at the stake were NOT witches, Pagans or Wiccans!)
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2009