breast feeding mothers

I can't get my four month old daughter to take a bottle since i started work or a binkey

we have try all the bottles don't know what to do

angl130pla

Asked by angl130pla at 11:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sippy cup with valve removed, cup with a straw.. make sure she knows what is IN the sippy or cup..

I assume you've already tried you being long-gone, but if you haven't.. try going away ;) She may take it if you go away.

Reverse cycling is also a possibility if you are not turned off by the idea of baby waking up at night to nurse. Kellymom.com has great information on reverse cycling.

Folks say babies will eat when hungry.. but my neighbors son would not take bottles or sippy's or any of that and cried every day for the last 2 hours she was at work .. for 3 weeks.

Finally she just told her boss .. Give me shorter days and more days of work or I'm quitting. Luckily she was a valued employee and they did so..

I hope nothing like that happens to you!! I hope your baby takes sippy's or drinks out of a straw for you or takes to reverse cycling. Good luck mama.
    Anonymous

• my daughter also refuses to suck any artificial nipple, bottle or sippy. once you have the baby used to breastfeeding..you're pretty much stuck with the fact that they're smart, they know the difference! sorry i have no suggestions...just wanted to say i'm in the same boat!
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 11:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• my son refused bottles, even if i was gone at work for 8 hrs, he just wouldnt eat for 8 hrs (poor babysitter) so i would go home on my lunch break and nurse and then turn around and rush back to work.

try sippys, he liked the $2 ones at walmart with the soft nipples, NUBYS (sp?) that being said, he would NEVER take formula or breast milk out of the sippys so if you have to be away and they are starving, maybe it's time to start cereal...i started both my kids on cereal at 4 months...

another thought, my son wouldnt take bottles from anyone, and my daughter wouldnt either until i tried to give her one...i assumed she wouldnt take one from me because she would know its me, but ever since she took a bottle (breast milk) from me, now she will take one from anybody.
    acounard

Answer by acounard at 11:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2009