how long after a depo shot can you get pregnant

i got my 1st depo shot a lil over a month ago and am thinking about wanting another baaby and i need to know if i dont get my next schedeuled shot how long could it take to get pregnant

angelnina8715

Asked by angelnina8715 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My last shot was last Nov. and I am about 3 mos. pregnant now. I had like four shots all together though. Don't know if that makes a diff.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• Depends on the woman. I have been off the shot for 2 years and I'm still trying (after getting the shot for 2 years). A friend of mine was off for 8 years and is still trying to get pregnant (she was on the shot for only a year). But another friend only had 1 shot and got pregnant within a year. That shot can really mess up some women. I wish they'd never invented it, I don't know how they can keep it on the market.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If I can urge you to do anything, is read about the Depo shot if you ever plan to get it again. It is the worst Shot of birth Control you could take!

Personally I was on it and the last shot I got was in Oct of 08 and have yet to get preggo. and I am TTC.

The Horror Stories you read about it are incredible disturbing!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 7:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My son is 15 now, but I had been on the depo shot (got 3 shots) and we decided to get pregnant again. To start my periods back to normal to get pregnant my dr. had to put me on clomid. I hated that shot and would NEVER reccomend it to anyone. Good luck and God bless you guys. :)
    jackied0624

Answer by jackied0624 at 8:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I was on the Depo shot for 2 years and it really screwed my body up but that's becides the point. I got the last shot in 2005 and wasn't on any other form of BC also not TTC but didn't get pregnant until Sept 2008. I hated that shot and I wouldn't suggest getting back on it.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I was on the shot for 6 months (2 shots) and got preg a month after i stopped the shot.
    momie_of_munch2

Answer by momie_of_munch2 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2009