How can you please a 12-year old girl?

My daughter's Birthday is Monday and we are having her Party on Saturday. I have been planning this for 4 weeks and every suggestion I make she tells me it's stupid or no fun. I am on a limited budget, however if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I am open to them. Thanks for your help.

jenvincelette

Asked by jenvincelette at 11:43 PM on Nov. 4, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• SLUMBER PARTY!!! or simply ask her what the heck she wants...you could get a few apetizer trays at a restaraunt and have her have a few friends out to lunch and take her to the mall to go shopping....movie date, ummm....i dont know 12 is hard and girls are picky anyway!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I think a slumber party would be great. Get some pizza and rent some movies. I did that for a few of my b-day parties when I was that age
    Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2009

• I agree with the slumber party idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well I was thinking skating party or an arcade. Is there a Dave and Busters in your area? If not than I agree on slumber party.
    KayLundy3

Answer by KayLundy3 at 12:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Slumber parties are always good. Instead of ordering pizza, get the ingredients & let them each make a personal size pizza. One fun thing to do is provide a blank T shirt for each guest, or have them bring one. You provide paints, markers and anything else you find for them to design their own shirts. Another fun thing we did for our kids, was a scavenger hunt at the local mall. I came up with a list of things they could find at the mall, split them up in to groups (each with an adult) & gave them an hour or so to go all around to collect these things. The winning team got a prize. I made them each a badge stating that they were with a birthday group & made sure they were supervised by an adult the whole time we were there. They had a blast & the food court & store clerks & even other shoppers got into the fun & it was a great success. It is now a tradition with all our kids on their 12th bdays.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Just tell her that since all your ideas are stupid, there won't be a party this year. She is trying to manipulate you, and that's not ever a good thing. If she doesn't have a party this year, maybe next year your ideas won't be so stupid.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I agree with Nanny B. if she's acting spoiled and like nothing is good enough, take it away.

If you decide to do a mall scavenger hunt, make it a 99 cent scavenger hunt (or a certain small amount). No matter what, they aren't allowed to spend more than that amount on anything on the scavenger list. Our church used to do that and it was amazing how some people could talk sales clerks into selling things for such small amounts (I think ours was a quarter).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Why not ask HER what SHE would like to do?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I agree with above comment, who better than her to let you know her likes or dislikes!

Answer by older at 8:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• We tried to do a slumber party, but she is inviting more boys than girls. I even asked what she wanted to do and she is not giving me any ideas. I have nothing to work with. LOL I planned a few simple guessing games and truth or dare with about 100 truths and 100 dares. She is not spoiled, she is just afraid that if her party is lame she will be made fun of. Especially since she just started Middle School and is just starting to make new firends. We are even going to do a decorate your own pillow case craft. I never had parties as a child so I am just stumped.
    jenvincelette

Answer by jenvincelette at 10:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009