Someone else nursing your baby hypothetical question

If you went back to work and could not get your baby to take a bottle/sippy/dropper.. anything! And your babysitter (who is not lactating and has no diseases) was willing to put an SNS on her nipple and "nurse" your baby pumped milk.. and your baby was willing to do so..

Would you feel freaked out about it NO WAY, or, would you let your babysitter and baby do it??

You HAVE to go back to work. Reverse cycling is not working, baby screams --all day long-- if you're not there.

And on the flip side, would you be willing to nurse someone else's baby with an SNS if you were their babysitter (assuming you are not lactating and did not have any diseases) ?

Would it make a difference if it were family, or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Interesting hypothetical. I guess it depends on the closeness of the relationship with your babysitter. I would like to think that if it were my best friend who babysits my daughter, and whose daughter I babysit, if both of us were comfortable with the idea, yeah. I would either contribute or allow her to. In practicality though, I don't know how comfortable we would both be if it actually came up.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 12:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Breastfeeding is such a special, precious bonding experience, and I don't think I could allow anyone else to breastfeed my baby. I would ask the babysitter if she could bring the baby to ME so I could feed her on my breaks...if that didn't pan out, I'd try to get my baby to take breastmilk in a bottle. If the baby is hungry enough, she'll eat. When I got home in the evenings, I'd resume the breastfeeding.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 12:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• No way- i would store breastmilk... absolutely not- even if she was my sister or another family member....
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It depends on the closeness of the relationship with the babysitter for me too. I would be afraid a random babysitter I got out of the newspaper would get too attached to my baby and kidnap my baby or something...

But a -very- close friend or family member? Yeah. I think I would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• YES AND YES.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 12:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• it would depend on how long I knew the babysitter, age and gender..if it was family IN A HEARTBEAT! I would even let my sister be a nursemaid!:)
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 12:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• didnt we just do this question yesterday?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Freak out? Hell, no. I'd have suggested it myself. And would be more than willing to do it. To me, nursing is feeding, nothing more. (No, I don't buy into feeding as bonding. Bonding is infant self defense, so you don't EAT the baby after being woken for the 40th time.)

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• REally depends on the person/sitter. i would have to be close to them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I'd probably allow it, as a last resort.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2009