Do you really think small dogs are more dangerous than large dogs, if so please enlighten me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think more little dogs are mean natured than big dogs.... little dogs seem to be little a$$es a lot of the time- particular breeds like shitzuhs, chihuahua (sp), etc. I have a pug though and she is a sweetie. :) I dont think all dogs are aggressive because they were made to be. My MILs dog tries to attack people, especially kids when he sees them- even my little girl! and she has never been close to him like that! He just is a biter and i guess his daddy was too? anyways, i find that large dogs are usually more gentle, but obviously if they didnt want to be they would hurt someone worse than a little dog good :)
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Any dog who is mistreated or trained to be so, can be dangerous. Anything with teeth can bite if they have the disposition and inclination to do so. The difference is that a small dog that becomes aggressive is not as strong as a large dog that becomes aggressive. However, any dog that attacks an infant or small child has the capability to cause serious harm. Large or small, dogs should be treated and trained properly. Just as any dog can become aggressive if taught to be, any dog can be equally gentle if taught to be.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• They bite more often but because of their size they are less likely to do as much harm as a larger dog. There are documented cases of infants being killed by a Pomeranian and by a Dachshund, probably other small breeds to but those are the 2 I know off the top of my head.

Basically ANY dog CAN be dangerous so NEVER leave a young child unattended (for even a second) with any dog no matter the size, breed, or how much you trust the dog.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I think 99% of pugs are evil little gremlins! Luckily most of them are pretty toothless so they can't do too much damage when they try to bite you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• All dogs bite, but larger breeds are obviously going to do more damage than a smaller breed.http://www.dirjournal.com/info/most-dangerous-dogs-in-the-world/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well, I have 2 small dogs. I have a Toy Fox Terrier and a Schipperke and they are both wonderful with my daughter. She's always trying to give them her cookies (animal crackers) . . lol she's so sweet. They know she's Alpha and so I have no worries. She also kisses and pets them very nicely, so they really love her. She is only, well she'll be 16 months in 3 days, so it's really sweet how gentle she is with them. I think they love her more than us!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• if they have teeth they can bite. Small dogs intimidate easier because they are so small. Bigger people scare them and smaller children threaten them because they see them as other dogs. You have to know YOUR dog and you have to listen to an owner when they say that their dog is not always friendly. Never pet a dog when it's dark and they are walking with their human. Odds are, no matter what the size, the dog will be aggressive because they feel like their human is in danger. Dogs are there to protect. Respect that. I have 4 dogs of 4 different ssizes and they are all mellow dogs but if they think we are in danger theyr change and the littlest dog bosses the other 3 all over the house. Of course, I have a 17yo son who is the youngest of 4 and he tends to be the bossy loud one, too. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If you look up their temperament a lot of them scored very poorly. I personally would not want to be sitting alone with a small dog. I was attacked by the neighbor's chihuahua when I was four and it was deep enough for me to need 13 stiches in my arm and some butterflies on my face.

OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

I agree with this a lot. It's important to know the breed and treat them accordingly. I will say this though, my mom had a teacup chihuahua that I'm certain was the spawn of satan. LOL

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I don't think size makes a difference in temperament.
    It all depends on their upbringing and their personality - just as with people.
    I do believe that certain breeds are more prone to biting or being territorial than other breeds, but these traits can be tempered with training and close supervision.
    I love all dogs.....big or small. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2009