I am a christian but idk what to think of my dream!

A couple of nights ago I had a dream, it was a sexual dream. Now I grew up finding girls attractive, but also boys so I guess bi sexual. I have never done anything with a girl sexually besides kissing and fodnling but haven't had these kinds of desires once I married my husband. But a couple of nights ago I have this sex dream of me and this chick *I don't know her irl* getting it on. I am really upset, because I can't control what I dream. But these dreams are sinful...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't feel guilty, and don't dwell on it. Just put it out of your mind. I have had some really weird dreams too, but you can't control your dreams.

When I have dreams that make me feel scared, guilty or uncomfortable I just pray and ask God to take it from my mind and to give me "sweet dreams" when I go back to sleep.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You have no control over your dreams. Feeling guilty about the dream is like feeling guilty that its raining outside. Don't beat yourself up about it.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 12:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You can not control your dreams at all. Just enjoy it for what it is....a dream.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Dreams are said to be insight to the psyche so I get the problem. You may have a deep seeded urge to explore woman more. How ever the first poster is right in saying you can't control your dreams.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Don't feel guilty...just pray and ask God for help with this. He's forgiven you already because of what Jesus did, so you need not feel guilty. It was only a dream, and you can't control what you dream. I've had a dream like that before, and never saw it coming...I've never had any desires like that or anything, the dream just came out of nowhere as far as I know. I prayed, and I was like, "Lord.....what was THAT??!!" LOL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Islamically, you are not accountable for your dreams.

As is already said, it was a dream, dont feel as if something done in a dream is the same as having done it in reality.
    zanzeebeel

Answer by zanzeebeel at 12:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Didn't God say that to think something is to have done it already? Plus I was raised that what we dream is sinful... so I am upset still but you lady's do give me some comfort :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Take the religion out...dreams are not caused by religion. They are caused by your brain intertwining thoughts. You can take this to a dream analyzer who will tell you what significance that woman has. There is a set of people that we all dream about she may be one person in your set. The dream is not telling you to go find her, but more that she is telling you something. See if there's someone around you that you can talk to about it. The one advisor in my minor department gives free dream interpretations to us :-)
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It was an attack from the devil to lead you to temptation, and stress you out.
    IAmFreeToDance

Answer by IAmFreeToDance at 2:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It sounds like it was brought out to make you aware of healing that needs to take place and soul ties with those that you did kiss and fondle with needs to be broken over your life. There is an insecurity in the dream of not feeling fulfilled with your spouse so you got that fulfillment from a female. Ask God for forgiveness for those times you did in past if you havent already done so and ask Him to heal you and set you free from those thoughts and dreams. Satan will attack us where we are weakest but you have the power and authority to trample upon serpents and scorpions. You can put the enemy under your feet. May you find peace in this and be set free from the bondages of sexual confusion which is what is happening. You are made for your husband and he for you! Bless you :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2009