breast feeding mothers

My baby will not drink from a botle or silppy cup or do baby ceral i can fet her to eat stage 1 food but not much don't know what to do because i started work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when my daughter was 7 mnths my milk started to dry up bc i was 4 mnths pregnant. it was horrible. she couldnt drink from anything but me. this went on for over a month. i tried everything in the books, like having someone else feed, and differnt nipples, nothing worked! my advice: just keep offering the bottle. let her play with it even. remember that babies put everything in their mouth. eventually she might realize "hey i like what is coming out of this thing".
    it got so bad with my daughter that i began to offer her juice in the bottle, as well as formula, bc she was getting dehydrated. i eventually started freezing formula and feeding it to her like water ice, just so she was getting some nourishment! i was running out of ideas! finally one day while she was laying on the floor holding a tiny bottle she began to suck out of it, and from then on she took a bottle. it felt like a miracle!
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• How old is she? I hear that you have to have daddy or someone give them the bottle or sippy cup when you aren't there, like you have to leave the house and then about 30 min later have them try to give it to her.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• ps. i now have had the second baby. and this time i'm pumping! and i give him formula occasionally. that way i know should something happen to me, he will drink out of a bottle and he will take formula!
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2009