in need of advise, please

im 10 weeks pregnant and was curious if id know if i was having an ectopic pregnancy. Im a bit kinda paranoid because ive lost one of my babys last year and wanting this to go smoothly for my husband and i. I have an amazing obgyn thats done pelvic exams something happened to their ultrasound machine and i wont be able to do that until im 11 weeks. please advise to ease my mind

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• by 10 weeks yeah I think you would know. you' d be in pain. usually can tell that by 8 wks or less even
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• the sign of ectopic is pain in either the left or right shoulder and int the opposite leg
    ...they'd know way early on
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• With ectopic pregnancies, baby usually grows big enough to cause problems by six to eight weeks of pregnancy. Symptoms include severe pain in your lower abdomen, lower right OR left quadrant, fever, cramping, and bleeding. By 10 weeks, you should be out of the danger zone for an ectopic.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• its not opposite leg
    its right or left shoulder and opposite area of the abdomen....best wishes
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• so like if u have pain in ur right lower abdominal and your left shoulder or something?
    thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• When I had my ectopic pregnancy I knew at 5 weeks 3 days. I started spotting and assumed I was going to miscarry. I had had no pregnancy symptoms and just felt tha tsomething was wrong. I went to bed and woke up with agonizing pain on my right side. Pain so bad it made me sick to my stomach. I collapsed and almost passed out in my hallway from it. An ambulance ride to the ER and 4 hours later I was diagnosed. Ectopic pregnancy, right side. Surgury followed soon after.

Ectopic symptoms are lack of pregnancy symptoms, low HCG counts, lower abdominal pain (NOT the opposite side!), and, if there is a rupture and a lot of blood loss, shoulder pain.

Most ectopics cause problems by 8 weeks. Almost certainly you'd know by now. Ectopics are very rare, especially in women with no history of STDs or previous ectopics.

I know it's hard, but don't worry so much, mamma :)

Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009