breast milk and allergies

my 4 month old son just broke out with a bunch of tiny bumps around his face especially around his mouth area. He doesn't have any other symptoms really, other than a little fussiness, but i was wondering if something i ate might have caused an allergic reaction? The only thing i have eaten differently recently was reeses peanut butter cups. If the peanuts are whats causing the reaction, how long until they're out of my system? And when can i expect the reaction to clear up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, some babies are that sensitive to certain things. Peanuts I would think would clear out pretty quickly, so don't stop nursing. It might just be irritation, I know my daughter got that sometimes when we would both fall asleep nursing and the milk dribbles would irritate her skin.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• op here- oh i also had a wrap today made with flax seed flour
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Flax is more of a digestive irritant. Watch for loose stools in your baby after that one. It's not bad, and it has good fats in it, but if you're not used to eating it it can really mess with your (and your baby's) digestive tract.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• have you eaten anything containing peanuts before this? It sounds like excema to me, wich could be due to his face rubbing against your shirt and he may be sensitive to the laundary soap or fabric softner.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• This happened to my son. He is 5 months now but it was just about a month ago that it happened. My son has been teething so he has been drooling alot and that caused the little red bumps around his mouth. Because he would drool when he was asleep and then i wasnt wiping his mouth off (i do when he is awake) But i even took him to the doctors about it and he told me that it was because of his teething and his drooling that caused it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2009