VENT..really gets me going!

Oaky, I will admit I am the kind of person who walks up to people I see that have their children incorrectly buckled..I know, just cause it is right for me doesn't mean it is right for every one!! But, seriously, this women I was driving behind had her carseat properly placed in the middle but the kids was jumping up and down all over the back seat!! I followed her into a gas station, to tell her off but then she wiggled inbetween two cars and I couldn't get to her....I was mad at not being able to tell her how stupid that is. I see this all the time!!! I don't understand it, our children have nothing to do but to trust us, we are their keepers, why would we not do everything we can to keep them safe...sigh...I could go on....

mfavelo

Asked by mfavelo at 1:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow, that's really bad. My daughter is always buckled properly into the middle of the back seat. How terrible woudl that mom feel if she crashed and her baby went flying through the windshield?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Not a good thing for her to do, but we can't police the world.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Did you think to call 911 with her tag number? It really is not your place to follow her. She could call the police and report you for that if she happened to notice. If her child was not buckled properly then the police would pull her over and educate her. Did you think that maybe the child it at the age where they can unbuckle themselves? Maybe thats why she stopped at the station, to buckle them back. It is not always safe to pull over on the side of the road. I would not be following people to tell them off if I were you. People are killed everyday because they approach the wrong person and put their 2 cents where it doesn't belong. You don't know what kind of person she is and its not your business to tell her off with no proof of why her child was doing that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• okay so maybe a little harsh to say I followed her, we were going the same way which is how I noticed the bouncing child in the back. But, my thoughts exactly you up there with the windshield thing!! I am not perfect, my children are not perfect..this stuff just breaks my heart!
    mfavelo

Answer by mfavelo at 1:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I agree with anon 1:34
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• oh and this other women, I saw DRIVING with her newborn strapped to her chest in a baby carrier!! I just stared at her in disbelief. I am so prepared to get bashed I know, when I am in situations where I am able to say something I try to come across as caring and not judgemental at all, because you never know where people are in their life you know? If I was doing something unsafe and didn't realize it was and some one brought it to my attention, I would probably be irritated but very grateful!
    mfavelo

Answer by mfavelo at 1:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I had my very tall, very heavy almost 3 year old in a booster, someone told me it wasnt safe or legal, pissed me off to no end!!! However, she is now 5 years old, 45lbs, and HARNESSED in a Graco Nautilius. I do the same thing, I follow people, and call the cops. Only when the situation is bad like this one. And if im in a position to talk to the person, I will mention it. Someone doing this to me could've saved my DDs life. Ive been in 2 accidents since I switched her back to 5pt harness... Who knows what would've happened if she were still in a booster.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009