can feeding a 2 month old 2 ozes of real milk hurt him one time?

need answer

choirgirlgrammy

Asked by choirgirlgrammy at 1:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most likely no. But if the baby is dairy sensitive it can be VERY bad. You'd kknow virtually instantly.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I wouldn't try it. Theres a reason they tell you to wait until the baby's first birthday. I would ask your child's doctor, not women on cafemom.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 1:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes. Cow's milk is NOT designed for human babies. It's really hard for them to digest and can cause really bad constipation.

That said, most formula is made out of cow's milk with the proteins broken down for easier digestion. MOST babies (more than 80%) recieve formula. Not ideal by any means, since it increases many risk factors for childhood illnesses and adult illnesses, but it happens.

If you already gave it to him or her, don't panic. Expect some constipation and some fussiness, maybe an allergic reaction, like blood in the stool or green, mucusy poop. If you haven't, then DO NOT DO IT. Why risk it?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• That is bad, infant stomachs can not tolerate cows milk yet. If I drink milk my son 5 months vomits all day long. Not spit up VOMIT, he cannot handle if I drink a sip.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 1:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• by "real milk" I assume you are refering to cows milk? Never give cows milk to an infant. The protein in cows milk is very high and very hard for a tiny human infant to digest. Cows milk is designed for baby calfs . May I ask why you are asking?
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• When my baby was first born, I brestfed him but it turned out I didn't have enough milk and my hubby was out of town so I couldn't go to the store in the middle of the night, so I gave him some cow's milk and he just puked it all up and almost chocked on it.
    If you don't have any formula and the baby is hungry I would boil the milk first and then try and give him some little bits at a time.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• BTW...in my earlier answer I was presuming that the milk HAD been fed...

If it has't been...DON'T do it.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my daughter had a very sensitive tummy from the get go and one night i couldnt get to the store because the stores that accepted wic werent open and i diluted cow milk, added water to the milk to thin it out and warmed it up and she was fine the following day i called my doc and she said it was fine diluting it made it kess thick and easier to digest but still recommended me using the formula of course
    crgray

Answer by crgray at 3:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• probably not the best idea BUT if it's all you have and you have no way of getting anything else then I guess the baby should not starve. I would be ready for some tummy upset though!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• do you have juice? Also not the best but it may be better than cows milk to hold you over til you can get more formula...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009