he got a ticket...wtf!

So my husband told me yesterday that he got pulled over, he didn't have his DL with him or I.D and so the cop just gave him a ticket for no I.D.which I was so happy about,but the thing is it happened 3 or 4weeks ago and he didn't tell me until I found out he has to go to court and pay! This isn't the first time his "forgot" to tell me he got a ticket. about 2 months ago he got a ticket but for something else and didn't tell me until I opened a letter from the city of Houston telling him his court date, nothing happened everything was dismissed. But the fact is that he keeps lying to me about this stuff. And he told me he didnt want to tell me bc he didnt want to stress me out.But im more stressed now that he didnt tell me bc I don't know what else he is hiding.He told I'm over-reacting.I want to know, am I wrong for thinking he's hiding other things too?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No you're not wrong. What was he doing or who was he with when he got the ticket? If he's lying about something as silly as a ticket I couldn't imagine what else he was hiding. This would really bother me too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• well he said it there was traffic and the cop pulled him over bc of a problem with the insurance. But I just think something is kinda fishy.How can I ask him if he's hiding something without him getting defensive?
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• That I don't have an answer for. I let these things get to me really bad, but I rarely bring them up to avoid conflict. I guess you could just keep your cool and spin it a different way, tell him you feel bad that he doesn't feel comfortable telling you these things. And ask him why he doesn't feel comfortable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• HOW could the cop pull him over because of his insurance? He may have gone over the speed limit......to cause the officer to stop him? Unless they were doing a sting OP.......or road block as we call them here checking for a specific thing............I'd question his not wanting to stress you out? What ELSE does he not want you to know....leaving work early? Not where he should be?

Hopefully that is not the case and he simply forgot.

Are your tags current? If you know his drivers license number, some counties let you check it out online. Your insurance carrier MAY know about the ticket via the state......it may get higher if he keeps getting tickets, especially if he is getting points against him.
    Anonymous

• If he is hiding something and you ask and will get defensive no matter what. Even if you are calm about it. So i suggest you just ask him, but not grill him either.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• His your husband go up to him and ask him what it is you have to ask him, if my man kept things from me I would be really upset.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• well now,i dont knwo if its just in texas but a cop can pull up all ur info from you tags.and yes our tags are current
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yeah cops can pull up insurance info. I know someone who got pulled over because she "didn't have insurance". Turns out her insurance company messed up in a transfer from one company to the other and she never got officially insured because of the company's mistake. When the cop ran the plate to check it, it came up as not having insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2009