Is the president doing the job you expect from the president?

If you could ask him to do one thing differently what would that be? Yes, pick just one. :)

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 1:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I gather you have been disappointed in ALL previous Pres as well, judging solely on your comments to this question.

Yes, most definetly... I have high expectations for the position of President of the United States. I wish more people did. Too many people give him, his administration, and Congress a Free pass. Pathetic.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Yes. He is doing a great job. I wouldn't want him to do anything differently.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• no way, I hear single moms, are getting less taxes back this year. no way...he has made it easier for peopole who dont wanna work , they can just sit back and collect welfare even though they are TOTALLY capable of working, ....greatly dissapointed, not that i excepted more from him. Ii dont trust him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I expect him to be the president of all the people, not just the people that voted for him, and I expect him to own the presidency, even if that means owning a mess that's not his fault. In my eyes, he's failed to do both.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I think it's easy to sit and judge from the comfort of your home, but none of us really know what it takes to be a president, trying to satisfy all these people that are hard to please.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Really?! I find it amazing how people all of a sudden have an opinion on how the president is handling his responsibilities. These are the same people who have had the same mindset since last years election, since the 1950's, etc. He is only one person. You people make it seem like he walked in there and said no more tax refunds for single moms, and while we are at it lets make it easier for people to live off the government. If I am not mistaken there are plenty of resources out there for single moms to take advantage of, so they don't have to rely on a tax refund. I think when people have opinions about President Barrack Obama it has nothing to do with the job he is or is not doing, relax people it hasn't even been a year. In my opinion he is doing a fine job. I wish people would just say what they are really thinking and move on.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 2:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• For the record, I wasn't even alive in the 1950s.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• kidomom: He is responsible because it is his job to be responsible. If he didn't want that job, he should not have run for president. Otherwise he is the chicken that is gonna fry for the problems of this country.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I feel he didn't really think it through about what he was and is going through. It takes alot to be president. I may not like his beliefs and what he has been doing but I am praying that he will turn things around.
    We don't have the right to talk bad about him until we have realized what president has been perfect? None right. He's doing what the advisors and the political party help him decide to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Prres. Obama has cabinet members that are of different genders, and races, and sometimes different political view. I credit him with the courage to add a female cabinet, a female justice, to speak out for health insurance coverage, (I dont necessarity agree with the WHOLE package), address war issues, and visiting areas in cities to get public opinion, be in the public. He is a different type of president, but he is much more mature in his responses than Bush was. I did not like the way Bush was name-calling, childish retorts to questions he didn't want to answer, and the way he told off other nations at press conferences (throwing the shoes at our president was insulting as a nation, but Bush did look pretty funny ducking the shoes!!!) Bush did put our nation in a recession, before Pres. Obama was elected. We are now recovering from Bush. I did not follow the Bush presidency, but Pres. Obama is interesting and honest .
    OneNaNa

Answer by OneNaNa at 6:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009