If you had a Csection and a Vag birth

Which is worse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well I had 2 vag births and it hurt for the babies to come out but my recovery wasnt that bad. I mean for the first one it was a little bit but my second one was ok. I could handle it. Now Im having a c section with this pregnancy bc of my baby being too big so Im not too sure. I know its harder to do things like go up and down stairs and what not but I think it all depends on the women and what she can handle...
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 2:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• for me it was the c-section. my recovery was rather slow. it hurt to shower, to walk, to sit up, it wasnt fun. My OB told me not to go up and down the stairs, so i was confined to my bedroom for a couple of weeks. w/ my vaginal birth, recovery was alot faster, even though i had an episiotomy and i could walk around.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 3:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• had 3 natural births, a little sore for a couple of days. My daughter had 3 c-sections, took her week or longer to recover, walk around, etc. Surgery (c-sections) are always longer to recovery periods.
    OneNaNa

Answer by OneNaNa at 5:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My oldest was vag, youngest was c-section. For me, the vag was harder to recover from, but that's b/c they gave me a painkiller I couldn't take due to allergies, and wouldn't give me another one. So, I was in pain and therefore not trying to do too much. The c-section, I got a painkiller I could take, so I got moving a little bit sooner.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I moved slower after my c section, but overall had a quicker recovery (felt more like "myself" sooner) after it than from my vaginal births. And I felt better going in, because it was a planned thing so I knew my kids were taken care of by people I trusted.

Answer by missanc at 7:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have only had a c-section but im just telling you how that went for me. Mine was an emergency. I was tired after i had my son but i wasnt on pain meds long at all only 3 days. It didnt hurt after that unless it got hit. I was able to go up and down stairs with no problem. I was a little slower then normal but i was ok. It was quick and easy for me. But its different for alot of people. A friend of mine could barley move after she had one. I also have a very high pain tolerance.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I had 2 c-sections and it hurt to do anything. I need hrlp to get out of bed at the hospital till I left. Even then I still need help.
    Kimberly0627

Answer by Kimberly0627 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My c-sections afterwords... the vaginal birth during, of course. But I was right up and going after my vaginal birth which made all the difference in the world whilst I was down and out for a while after the c-sections.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I had both. The vag birth almost killed me (first baby). The c-section (second baby) was wonderful! If I knew the c-section would be so great, I would have requested it for my first birth. The process, of course, for c-section was way easier. The recovery was also so much easier from the c-section.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2009