do you let your kids run around, or stay by your side?

when you take your kids to a store with you, like a small retail store for example, do you let them roam the store themselves while you shop? or do you make them stay with you? and how old are your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• They stay with me. Even though I know it's a safe place and I can still keep an eye on them from anywhere in the store I am wise enough to know that everyone doesn't love my children as much as I do:) My children are 8 1/2 and 2 1/2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Heck no my son doesn't run around, he's 5 and if we are in public he's right next to me. It annoys me so much when I'm in a store trying to shop and there's these kids running around with no momma around and the kids are acting crazy disrupting everything.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 2:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My kids stay with me at all times....There are a bunch of crazy people out there and you cant trust anyone...you never know when someone is going to just snatch your child...it could happen even when they are with you.
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 2:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well, as my daughter is only 16 months, yes I let her run around, that what she wants and needs at her age, BUT I follow her like a hawk. I love that she is mobile now, and I love to watch her explore, but I'm ALWAYS right there behind/beside her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• she stay with me at all times ...well, shes only 16 months but i can assure u she will never roam around on her own eve when shes older..its a safe town but with all these kids missing and bodies being found...its never TOO safe
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• daughter is 5 and she stays with me..not willing to risk anything!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Until they are odl enough to take themselves to the store they will stay with me so at 16 my children can roam the store alone, I however don't think they will want to at that age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• She stays by my side at all stores. I had a very bad experience at a little corner dollar store when she was in Kindergarten. She needed some glue and she went into the aisle a head of me. The owner started to yell at her asking why she was there alone blah blah and I just looked at him and said "Because you didn't hear her scream MOMMY I FOUND IT! Right?" Needless to say we didn't buy his glue. Ever since, I never let her away from me, unless I personally know the store owner, like at the corner bodega, I let her go get her snack and come back, but I have know the lady who owns the store for 24 years, since she is the same lady who owned it when I was little lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my 3yr old stays in the shopping cart or holds my hand. The only store he is allowed to wander around in is the little shoppette near my house that is seriously like an 8x10ft building. Not big at all and the woman who runs the place LOVES my son. If he is in there with me she talks to him and me like old friends, but if I go in without him I get "wheres Andrew?" and thats about it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• my 6yo stays with me at all times, but if im in walmart i let my 12yo walk around by herself if she likes...even to different departments as long as she meets me at a certain spot at a certain time...the only reason i allow this is because i know almost every single person that works in this particular store and they know my children VERY well! my mother has worked at this one for over 11 years so they all know me...but its the only store im comfortable doing this in.....if we are in a different store then the rule is she has to stay within eyesight...but she can still walk ahead and browse around.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2009