he takes his clothes off all the time..

i recently found out my son has discovered his private parts.. and has been paying a lot of attention to them lately. but now there's something new. he's been taking all his clothes off all the time, including his pull-ups. im not sure if this has to do with the discovering the privates thing, but i just want to know whats up with this? advice? my son is almost 3 btw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My dd will be 3 on Sunday and as soon as we get home, the clothes come off! I finally got her to at least keep her panties on! lol...If you caught him playing with himself, I'd just tell him that that is something he should do when he is alone. Sounds like a great time to potty train! :o)
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• This is something all kids go through. Touching his privates is a whole new feeling for him. It is a sexual thing. It is his body after all. I know it is kind of embarrasing in public. But just try to explain it is not okay when other people are around. Also when he does do it in public redirect his actions. He will outgrow it. Taking off his clothes is part of learning how to dress himself. He learned something new and is excited to practice it. Just like when a baby starts crawling all they want to do is crawl.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 2:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It is not a sexual thing. Sorry I meant to write "not"
    AnnaMac

• I agree with the PP, explaining to him that clothes are for when people are around and that if he wants to do things like that he has to go in the bathroom worked really well for my nephew. No experience yet with mine, she's too young and just wants to touch when I"m changing her diaper. It will take some consistency and discipline, but you can do it!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2009