Could this be autism?

My child has been in a daycare enviroment since he was newborn and is know 2 and 1/2. He socializes with about 5 kids 1 on 1 or even 2 and does try to play with them and does try to play nicely but other then that he is very agressive to kids and especially when it get crazy.He will tackle them and lay on them, or sqeeze them really tight, pinch them really hard, slap them, and even bite. He know is even starting to get aggresive with me when I am trying to put him in his carseat he will hit me or pinch me really hard. I do know that he does not like to be restrained, is saying about 15 words, does not talk but will parrot some words, like to kick and throw balls, is not scared of danger even if told (has burned himself on the top of the stove already and still tries to grab stuff when you tell him no and hot) and likes to turn off and on lights, tvs, and fans.

magnane

Asked by magnane at 2:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• Why do you think it could be Autism? That is not a normal conclusion to jump too.... But back to your question. I am a Special Needs teacher and from what you said it does not sound like Autism, but by no means is this a diagnoses. I would talk to your son's doc about your concerns, most children who are Autistic, shy away from ANY and ALL physical contact, they rock or make the same motion over and over (brushing their hair, pulling their hair, scratching themselves till they bleed etc) I hope this helps, if he does have Autism it will be OK. I promise, it won't be easy but it will be OK. There are tons of groups both on line as well as through your school district that have support and ideas in which to help. Good Luck Momma!

buppyluck

Answer by buppyluck at 1:47 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• The best thing to do is talk to his doctor about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I just answered this question on the other section.

...if you really want answers try posting this question in a section that is actually relevant; such as Toddlers (1-2) or General Parenting
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• does he get upset with change? thast a big sign.

if he does have autism..dont freak out. my cousin has it and they put im on some many meds and dope him up its insane.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009