A question for God fearing Christians who live and breath the Bible, do you think that couples that divorce for any other reason than adultery are going to hell? (update)

Thank you all SO much for responding to my question, I wanted to write this before I closed it but, I am not thinking straight right now. I think that "adultery" in the Bible having other meanings other than cheating is debatable, I would REALLY love to read that for my self, I have heard this from other Christians but then I also hear that He means only "cheating". That would be great to clear up for me. :)
Well, his kids told him that they are "happy" that I am gone and so now all of a sudden he is gone too. I was a good step-mom to those girls, I loved them like my own. Anyhoo...thank you all again and I do know that God has already forgiven me for my sins cause He knows that I will commit them before I do. ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• http://dannimoss.wordpress.com/articles/abuse-in-the-christian-home/the-biblical-grounds-for-divorce/

This talks about how adultery, abuse, and abandonment are all the from the same "spiritual root" - it's "putting asunder" the marriage covenant of the one flesh / one spirit bond. It talks about how when you get married, you are, spiritually speaking, becoming one, and how it's a human picture of our relationship with God, so, in many ways, adultery is, basically, idolatry. (She explains it MUCH better...)

Also, abandonment - including emotional - which is what your dh did - is the same sin as adultery, because Jesus said time and again, that the spirit of the law was more important than the letter of the law. When 2 become 1, it's not just a sexual bond, it's also an emotional one, so when one has emotionally abandoned the other, that rips the bond apart, and is, in essence, adultery.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• cont

Sorry, I forgot to link that site. I know I didn't do a very good job of paraphrasing what the site said, it's getting late here and I'm tired, but I hope this makes some sense to you anyway :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Thank you, that is the major problem in the 1st place. He never really left his 1st wife emotionally, he let her run all over our family, him and me. He never became 1 with me in the 1st place by not emotionally, or spiritually connecting to me. I can't thank you enough for responding, I've been having a hard time this morning with "my decision" but, you hit the root of it and reminded me. I just feel so bad for my 2 children who now are going back and forth between mom and dads house.
    Anonymous

• I missed the question the first time and the answer is no. God's love and grace is bigger than that. Have you asked for forgiveness? repented? If so you are on the right track to healing.
    The bible is specific on who goes to hell and who doesn't and divorce is not one of them!
    I am sorry for what happened to you! God is with you no matter what.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Ditto what Shaneagle said.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• If you confess your sins to God ask for his forgiveness and accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior you will NOT go to Hell for any reason even adultery Godfor gives that sin as he does any sin and technically the Bible says that if you even look at a man with lust you have committed adultery with him in your heart
    Anonymous

• most of our traditions that we use today are peaganist. such as the christmas tree. but i think the first answer is right in that thanksgiving is a national holiday not a religous one......
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 3:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• God hates divorce more than gays, so be careful! At least that is what the pastor said in church.
    Anonymous