hair dye question

has anyone tried garnier nutri browns to lighten there hair? my hair is naturally black but right now its dyed darkest brown. i tried to dye it light brown but it didnt do anything to my hair. ive tried feria garnier revlon and nothing will work and i really want a light golden brown hair cuz my dark hair dulls my complexion. anyway i heard the nutri browns are suppose to be for dark hair...

foxyladyjoie

Asked by foxyladyjoie at 3:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• its hard to tell you exactly what is the best boxed hair dye because everyones hair has a different chemical makeup...i did this once, a friend at work got thier hair dyed and i loved it and they gave me the info on what they used and i bought the EXACT same thing she did...and it looked completely different...and we had similar hair color to begin with, and even texture....but for some reason mine came out more red than hers did...found out it depends on your hairs chemical genetic makeup...the only way to get EXACTLY what you want is from a hairdresser...their stuff is different and is safer so more likely to come out looking like what you want.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• you cannot lighten haircolor with haircolor. that is why you saw no result. to lighten your haircolored-hair, you will have to strip it in some fashion. you can do this allover, or with highlighting..either way, a lighterner/bleach will be used.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I had dyed my hair black once dont know why, but I after a few b=months I wasnt loving it anymore and si I decided to go back to light brown...it is true that you cannot lighten your hair with regular hair dye, but you can pick a really light color and add some bleach to it, and it will defenitly lift up a few levels...I am not saying this is healthy for your hair but I thin its the only way....I wish I could add pictures in here I would show you how light I got my hair from black...  then I dyed it teh color I wanted!  I was very lucky I succeeded the first time and my hair didnt get too damaged. good luck!

kassynkayla

Answer by kassynkayla at 11:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Go to a hair dresser. My sister is a hair dresser and she doesn't reccoment store bought hair color. I know she's had to color people's hair over to get it back to normal when it's been an abnormal color.. or when someone's messed up. I'm not quite sure how to do it but your only safe bet is to go to a hair dresser.
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2009

• re read question...If you go to a salon they SHOULD have a book with patches of hair for different dyes and you can pick your color for your color hair and that hair color is made specifically for your hair color. Much healthier!!
    fireangel0310

Answer by fireangel0310 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 7, 2009