both parents have adhd? coincidence ?

so this just seems too coincidental to me. the doctor tells my husband he has adhd and is starting him on low key stimulants to try and see what helps him.....i go and my doctor tells me I HAVE adhd and wants me to take 10mg of adderal in the morning which is a very small amount, most ppl with adhd take 30 as adults from what i was told..im not an expert on this. i was just like isnt that odd that we both get diagnosed with the same thing at the same time? i mean...im in college again so if this helps me do better, i wont hate on it. but i know how addicting and strong stimulant drugs can be, ive seen it in manyothers so im hesitant about this. would you be hesitant or trust the doctors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• There are many therapists who work with people who have ADD/ADHD; they teach them not just coping skills, but how to use ADD/ADHD as an advantage in their lives. Thom Hartmann has written extensively on this topic; you should be able to find his books art your local library, there is lots of information at his website: http://www.thomhartmann.com/category/thom/adhd-education/

Answer by rkoloms at 7:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009