What would you do?

I have seen so many kids acting terrible in the store lately. There are the kids that scream, the ones that get into stuff, and the ones who are just plain rude. What would you do if you children acted that way? What are some of the worst situations you have seen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When shopping gets to much for my son we leave and come back another time. I am lucky because the grocery store is just a block away so I am able to make short trips several times a week instead of one big trip every week or two.
    the worst thing I had ever seen was a child about 3-4 sceaming "I WANT IT- YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME CANDY" at the top of his lungs while opening a package of ground beef and throwing it. I have no idea what the out come of that was because my son was only a few weeks old and I just walked out because we didn't need to deal raw meat.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 4:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would find a rest room if mine acted up with me in public to " get to the bottom of what their problems were"!

One of the worst ones I seen in a store this little girl no older then 4 yrs old slapped her mother in the face so hard that it knocked her glasses off her face when she had her in a shopping cart when the mom had bent down to scold her! The Mom's glasses went flying and broke! Thank goodness she had someone else with her that could help to get out of the store being she said she couldn't see after that happened!! If that had been me that happened to all hell would have broke lose right then and there! My tongue hurt for days from biting it so hard after seeing that from WANTING SO BAD TO SAY SOMETHING!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• OMG !!! My mother n I just about hate when kids act out ... its so krzy cuz either she or i jus speak our opinion ... n the moms jus eyes pop out n other moms are like yeah for reall ...like come dicipline ur kid ....my is like damn why do parents jus allow then to behave that way... she tells me n my brother that him n i never acted that way... i guess we jus knew that when we went we stood next to her n stay quiet .... idk jus that when it come to my boys n that age is aroung the corner .. is like you act that way i swear its the restroom or you will get it at home .. jk lol serious its a joke some of you messican moms no what im speakin abt right right its the chancla or the hair brush lol or that look ur mom would give ya lol damn jus hate it .. have to speak ya mind sumtimes RIGHT >????
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 5:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• sorry so many mispelled words my bad .. i guess im really sleepy
    blssdwittwns930

Answer by blssdwittwns930 at 5:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• When my son acts up I tell him Im going to find a corner and put him in time out. He is big on kicking his shoes and socks off, so I just put them in the cart. Im not going to play that game all day. The only times he really freaks out in the store is if he's late for a nap or lunch, so we make sure to take care of that first. The worst I have seen would just be kids screaming for candy or toys. I guess I just dont notice the other kids freaking out, or maybe mine is just so bad the others are angelic in comparison lol

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• My kids are old enough to leave at home now, but when they were young I never had any problems because my supermarket had a nursery/daycare for kids from 2 to 11.  It had a jungle gym, a craft area and toys.  They loved it and I was able to shop in peace.

I really missed my supermarket when we moved.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Ours never acted out at the store, thankfully.. I guess they just knew that if they did we were heading outside. It all starts at home. Can you imagine what it's like at their house,lol...
    The worst thing I have seen was when the parents were laughing at the child when he was yelling. They would yell back at him and he would just keep getting louder and they thought it was funny. I wanted to walk up and smack them both (the parents). They acted like it was a game and the kid was miserable.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• when they do I pull into a corner and explain that we won't move until they stop being rotten. if it continues I walk out of the store with them and we go home. thats happened a couple of times - and shocked the heck out of the kids lol .

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Mine would never act that way because they would get spanked right there in the middle of the store and know they would be in even more trouble when we got home.

The worst I ever saw was this kid screaming in k-mart. I was Christmas shopping and had been in the store for 20 min. Could hear the kid screaming from every corner of the store. In the toy section he DEMANDED a toy or he wouldn't stop. So his parents gave in. Then he had a fit because the toy wasn't big enough so they spent $20 on him, 2 weeks before Christmas to get him to stop screaming. He was at least 6 or 7 years old. I just shook my heads. My kids wouldn't have dared do that. Not only would they not haven gotten a toy but they might have lost Christmas all together and would have gotten a spanking and grounded when they got home.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2009