i am so scared, can i get some prayers?

Not sure if anyone else haswent through this or not, but I am scared and worried. Myhusband and I are currently 24 and a half weeks pregnant, well roughly 7 hours ago my water broke. I am currently laying in a hospital bed strapped to monitors hoping and praying the our son and mysel will come out of this ok. Lonliness has set in as hubby had to go home and take care of our2 year old and 10 month old. Has anyone went through this? I can't sleep my mind is racing so I decided to hop on my phone and ask this question to hopefully ease my fears. Would love to have some prayers for baby Joshua and I.

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 4:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sorry for the typos my keyboard is touchy
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would be soo scared..i will def. keep you in my prayers!! I really hope that things come out okay sweetie. Though 24 weeks is early i have seen babies live at 21, 22, 23, and 24 weeks with help from a good NICU. I only say that knowing since your water had broke that your baby will be delivered soon after. Everything will be okay. God doesnt give you anything you cant handle just try not to stress.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Thank you, they are trying to prevent my labor for as long as possible, but I am trying not to stress and worry but at the same time I just want to cry.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 4:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I bet.. i was in the hospital at 24 weeks myself for bleeding. I was kept over night to make sure i didnt have to my baby delivered. I was so scared at first and i did cry but i stopped after a while and realized it was only making things worse. Now im 33 weeks. I know your situation is alittle more severe than mine was but You have to try and think positive and pray things will work out reguardless of the outcome if that makes any sence. I know its early and your upset and everything. Things like this happen all the time and your at the right place for it. Im sure they should be giving you steroid shots and what not for lung development. Anyhow sweetie..im going to pray for ya right now its 4:54am
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 4:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Ya I won't be leaving until after I deliever whether it's tonight or 3 months from now, I am strictly on bed rest, but I thank you very much for talking to me, it really helped calm me some. I have received steroids injections as well as other meds. Good Luck with your pregnancy :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am praying for you mama and I will be everyday! I can't imagine how you feel and pray your family stays strong.
    ponchinmom

Answer by ponchinmom at 5:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Thank you hun I appreciate it
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am praying for you and your son. Like someone said before - God will not give you more than you can handle. I cannot imagine. Try not to stress..
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 6:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Be encouraged, said a prayer, and to let you know it will be good, I had my son at 26 weeks, and he is almost 5 now. Healthy and happy boy. The medical techonology is great compared to long time ago for helping babies make it through early if is the case.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 7:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sending up prayers for you and your baby. Sorry that you are facing this struggle. Stay strong.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2009