Had my bloody show and have been having contractions for the past hour. Could this be labor?

I woke up at around 4am to pee and when i wiped there was mucus with blood on it. I had to wipe a few times to get it all gone. I had my first contraction at 426am and they have been every 3-5 minutes. I am 39 weeks today. I told hubby when he woke up to leave for work. He is in the Army, he called his Srgt and he said to just come in for formation and he could come home. But i am worried it might be false. I read in my pregnancy book you can go into labor within hours, or 48 hours. Also i lost my mucus plug 2 weeks ago. I read there is a difference with the mucus plug and bloody show. I read that the bloody show happens before labor and the mucus plug can happen months b4 labor. I am so nervous. I havent packed my bags and i dont have a baby sitter for dd and my family is far away. I am freaking out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Any time now. Good luck! (Get off the computer and get your bags packed!!- Only kidding, somewhat-LOL)!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• First of all, calm down. Don't freak out. Call your Dr. and get ready. Good Luck!!
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 7:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• that is what i am worried about as well because our family is an hour and a half north and the hospital is an hour south! so i want to wait and labor at home as long as possible, but i have to worry about a sitter and getting to the hospital on time :)

unfortunately, there is no way to tell if you will go into labor now or tomorrow or the next day. I would just call whoever you can to watch your DD, just in case. i hope you can find someone. :) good luck
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Pack your bags and try to relax, Take a WARM (not hot) shower and try to eat a little--heavy on the liquids like juice. After that rest, play a little on the puter if you want, just remember to time the contractions, but other than that keep your mind occupied on something else. It does sound like you will be holding your baby in your arms very soon. Stay calm and CONGRATS! This is the final countdown. From now until you are sure and go to the hospital in full-blown labor, it's just a waiting game.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009