My grandson will be 9 months old this month is it to early to start regular

milk? He has been on soy formula since birth. he eats very well lol

laurafox0

Asked by laurafox0 at 7:10 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to wait until he's 12 months and add milk only if okay'd by his pediatrician.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Is there a reason he's on Soy? If it's due to allergies then I would wait to talk to the pediatrician. My kids all have had cows milk by 9 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I think it's too early.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• it's 3 months too early. And if he's on soy formula he will probably need to stary on soy milk at 12 months and then slowly introduce regular milk to see if he's okay with it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Try a little on him, the most that will happen is it will come right back out, it is not to early, i introduced it to my daughter at 9 months, she is perfectly fine! If he has a reaction to it then try soy milk. sometimes young children have a reaction to regular soy milk after months of being on soy formula.
    Bratch1707

Answer by Bratch1707 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Too early...especially if he's been on soy.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It depends on what the doctor says. Our pediatrician had us put them on 2% at 9 months because they were eating a full, varied and balanced diet of table foods. Their nutrition was coming from food, there was no need for formula any longer. They also had no food sensitivities, there is no family history of food allergies or sensitivities and they were above the 95th percentile for height and weight.

Now, I did have one on soy, but it was to help him with constipation, not for any sensitivity to anything.

We got the okay and I just made the switch. None of them had any problem.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Don't start whole milk until they're 12 months old. You can talk with your grandson's pedi and see if it's alright to start introducing milk in with their formula. However, I think your grandson is too young for even that.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• THIER LITTLE TUMMIES DO NOT DIGEST THE STRONG PROTIENS IN COWS MILK. THATS IS WHY THEY SAY WAIT THE 12 MONTHS. AND IF HE HAS TUMMY ISSUES ALREADY IT MAY BE A LONGER WAIT FOR MIM. I DEFINATELY WOULDNT!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:44 PM on Nov. 6, 2009