Interests?

My DH says I need interests. I'm currently a SAHM with a six month old.. and the whole routine of cleaning, changing, washing is killing me slowly.. any suggestions?

Pocketmouse

Asked by Pocketmouse at 7:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• cooking(which is so much fun b/c you can come up with your own recipes&try new stuff),scrapbooking(digital&on paper)is a ton of fun,photography,fishing(one of my favorite hobbies,lol),sewing,knitting,painting,drawing,reading(I'm a total bookworm so I read all different kinds of stuff)
    Cloud_Dancer09

Answer by Cloud_Dancer09 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 18, 2009

• At the absolute least, try and read something interesting. What are your interests? It's hard to do activities that require a large block of time, but if you enjoy doing art/craft work, there are things you can try where a few minutes at a time will build up into something you'll feel happy with.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• go to the library and find a bunch of books on different things.....I'm slightly addicted to the craft books lol

but yeah...its really easy to slip into that MOM only world, to lose your identity.

but if you're enjoying what you do, then why change?
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I love to sew and cook, I've taken classes for both just for the fun of it, and to get out and make friends. I also write, and belong to a couple writer's groups. I love scrapbooking and have gone to classes, What about an exercise class??
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I think exercise is great. Not only do you get out in the adult world, but you get the added benefits of the exercise itself. I have gotten into the mommy mode a lot myself. I am currently looking at classes or something at the community center that I can do in the evenings with my little one while my husband sleeps.

Have you tried making bread? If you enjoy cooking, it's inexpensive and has lots of down time for baby needs. I've had a lot of fun trying different bread recipes.
    choyera

Answer by choyera at 11:55 AM on Nov. 14, 2009