Is yogurt an OK way to get them fruit? PIOCategory

My kids love yogurt... is this an OK way to get them fruit? We have a hard time incorporating fruit into our meals. So is this a good way to get it to them? They are 1 and 3 1/2.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son loves yogurt. but if you feel they still aren't getting enough fruit in their diet try cutting up some bananas and mix it in with yogurt.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• yes, you can also make them fruit smoothies. Try bananas or strawberries, those are my kids favorites. All you need is some yogurt(flavored or plain), fruit of choice, a little bit of ice, toss it in a blender...Yummy! I add just a pinch of sugar and my kids chug that stuff down.(you don't have to add the sugar though) Top with cool whip(or not LOL).

Also, there's this book by jerry seinfelds wife called decpetively delicious...has recipes to get your kids to eat fruits and veggies.

http://www.amazon.com/Deceptively-Delicious-Simple-Secrets-Eating/dp/0061251348
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 9:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You can also make fruit a dessert.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I try to just have fruit as snacks either during the day or at bedtime. Grapes, sliced apples, bananas just thrown into a bowl. Sometimes I even buy bags of frozen fruit for something different. They LOVE the frozen blueberries, peach slices and blackberries and they are ususally cheaper than fresh in our area and just as good for them!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i see the fruit in yogert as basically jelly, i dont think it counts.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would say that real fruit cut up in ti is a good idea or I used to buy the baby fruit and mix it in.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2009