What is a good slicer/peeler?

Anyone know of a good vegetable slicer/peeler? I've seen the "Titan Peeler" commercial on tv, but those "As Seen on TV" products are usually junk. I'm looking for something that is a combo, that slices and peels.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Food & Drink

• For slicing, I love my mandolin slicer. It works well, stays sharp and cleans up easily (get a good quality one, preferably stainless steel). For peeling, I have a kitchenaid hand potatoe peeler that works very well on both veggies & fruit.

I don't think there really is a good tool that will do both slicing & peeling well, but I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what others recommend to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I LOVE my OXO Good Grips peeler. It is almost 3 years old & still as sharp as the day I bought it. DO NOT buy the Titan-it is a piece of junk (MIL bought one at the kiosk in the mall & ended up taking it back). I don't use a slicer of any kind-too lazy to clean it.
    Anonymous

• Pampered Chef.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009