should i get my son vaccinated for the h1n1 vaccine?I'm having doubts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think everyone needs to make this decision themselves. There is a lot of controversy pitting pros versus cons.

I however gotten my three kids 8, 6, and 2 their first doses. One got the injection while 2 got the mist. All had it a week and a half ago, everything is fine, no side effects. The only thing that has happened since then is the 6 year old has strep throat right now but that is completely unrelated. Strep has been rampant through their school this month.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 9:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would Google H1n1 read everything you find. I would not give it my kids.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• in 24 and my lil one is 17mnths we both got our shot. i would if he ias around alotof peoople(like school. it hasnt hit that bad here yet( this part of indiana yet) but it hit pretty bad up north were my family is.1000 people have died from it,100 were kids 4 and under.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• No. www.mercola.com
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I'm getting it for my son. It's up to you though. Don't be intimidated by what others are saying. You do what YOU feel is best.
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 6, 2009

• It should really be up to the parents, you will have to live with your choice. We decided not to get the boys (12 & 4) the shot, they had the regular flu shot. It was just too rushed, it may be completely safe, but I'm not sure and until we are sure, we will pass. My friend's 2 kids already had the H1N1 flu (they are fine now), my other friend (4 boys) no flu shots, no regular, no H1N1, other 2 friends decided no too. Even if they all did get their kids shots, we still opted no. My uncle was one of those that got Guillain-Barre syndrome in 1976, I was young and remember being at the hospital with my cousin at that time, my uncle didn't die, but took a long time to recover. So yes, I'm a little more sceptical than most. I may change my mind later.

coffeestrong

Answer by coffeestrong at 9:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2009