if you had bad nausea in early pregnancy, how long did it last?

i'm 6-7 weeks and having bad nausea. no vomiting *fingers crossed*.

i know it could end next week, or it could last until july! but i'm just curious what you all have experienced.

basically i just feel so sick all day long and have a hard time eating anything, am unable to fix meals for my son, and i'm hungry all the time. i try to eat as much as i can but i just feel blech! :(

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had morning sickness and nausea only with my last baby who was a girl. My first 2 were boys and I didn't get sick at all. With my daughter it lasted the first 3 months about! UGH! I can remember that so clearly...
    Try eating saltine crackers when you first wake up. Eat a few small meals a day. Don't eat 3 huge meals a day. Break it down. I also remember my prenatal vitamin making me sick if I took it in the morning too. I took it at night and by morning the taste of it was gone! I hope you feel better and Congratulations!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:19 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• 3 months!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Mine lasted up to my 13 weeks mark so yeah 3 months. Sometimes i even got sick after as well just not as much. Im 33 weeks now and i was so sick last week. It will come and go. Sux but its all worth it in the end.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• with my dd it lasted 2 months
    with my ds 3 and 1/2 months
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am 15 weeks and still getting N & V. With my first pregnancy it lasted until about 12 weeks. The food aversion is the worst part:(
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• 1st pregnancy -- terrible morning sickness from week 8 to week 16
    2nd pregnancy -- almost as bad morning sickness from week 6 to week 15
    3rd pregnancy -- morning sickness that made me want to crawl in a hole and die from week 4 to week 11. After that I had occasional nausea and vomiting throughout the remainder of the pregnancy.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• :( i am really hoping that by week 12 i am feeling better. i looked up online that the HCG levels start to drop off after that but of course they are still higher than they are right now so who knows. definitely the food aversions are the worse. i can hardly eat at all. even crackers! i feel like quesadillas are the only thing i can eat. :P
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am 29 weeks and still have it. I have a severe form called hypermeisis gravardium though and its not very common.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I puked all day every day until I was around 16 weeks- and I know exactly how you feel, being sick AND hungry is about the worst feeling in the world. It was horrible... I am very skinny to begin with, and we were worried because I didn't gain any weight and actually started losing it. Luckily it stopped when I got into my 2nd trimester... Good luck and maybe talk with your doctor if it gets too bad.
    weezer_cookie

Answer by weezer_cookie at 11:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• thanks again everyone. i am overweight to begin with so hopefully if i don't gain at first everything will be ok.

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2009