how do i get my 4 month old too sleep dureing the day

stayhomemom03

Asked by stayhomemom03 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It always helped my daughter to sit in a darm room (blinds closed) and no tv and for us to just ball up and cuddle. Some times I sing, that kinda helps. And sometimes there are days where she just wants to be held tightly and have her head rubbed. You just have to figure what they find comforting. And it may take a while to get them to sleep. Sometimes it does... patience... whatever that means... :)
    LoveMyLillybug

Answer by LoveMyLillybug at 10:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i just bought the bear with the womb sound yesterday and it has helped my daughter already. i got it from kmart for 15.
    lisa2326

Answer by lisa2326 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have recently found out w/ my 5 month old daughter that the more you lay them down in their bed during the day, the easier it is for them to nap. It may start out w/ only a few 20 minute cat naps, but eventually they get a little longer. My son only cat napped when he was this little. It was awful,but eventually he got better as he got a little older. But try a dark room, maybe w/ soft music playing.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I recommend more acitivty in the morning. Playing active and interactive games with your child starting after breakfast. Keeping them active will allow them to use up their energy quicker, which will lead them to wanting a nap.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2009