Did you see this? "baby missing for 5 days found alive under bed"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091105/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_florida_baby

There are just WAY too many f'kd up people out in this world!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I saw that just before I got on here. That is just messed up, big time! They said the baby was considered in danger and authorities have been checking on the family since August. That babysitter sounds like a criminal that should never be allowed near a child. Poor baby, I hope they place her with someone who can give her the love and care she needs now.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Haddock confirmed that Baker was the Susan Elizabeth Baker cited in court records as being convicted of assault in South Carolina in 1987, and questioned but not indicted in 2000 for a 3-year-old child's disappearance, also in 1987. He confirmed that Baker wrote an e-mail to Florida Gov. Charlie Crist's office in August, pleading for the governor to help Shannon Dedrick.
    Court records show that Susan Elizabeth Baker had been suspected in another child's 1987 disappearance in South Carolina and convicted of assaulting her daughter.

In 2000, Susan and James Baker were extradited to South Carolina and charged in the disappearance of their 3-year-old son more than a decade earlier.
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Susan Baker had told authorities Paul Leonard Baker disappeared from the family's Beaufort, S.C., home on March 5, 1987, while she was napping. But a massive manhunt in the swampy area around the Bakers' home turned up nothing, and Susan Baker was never indicted. Authorities could not immediately say Thursday what became of the charge against James Baker.

The child was never found, according to the Beaufort County, S.C., sheriff's office.

When the couple reported their son's disappearance, the Bakers' 6-year-old daughter was taken into state custody, where officials discovered she had been severely beaten.

Susan Baker was charged with causing the girl's injuries, including sores on her back and broken hands, and charged with assault and battery with intent to kill. After being convicted, she was sentenced to 10 years in prison. The sentence was suspended to 80 days.

These people can FRY!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• wow.........idk what to say other than how can you leave your child with someone who was convicted of beating the cr*p out of their own kid, and one has been missing since 87????????/ makes me ill......
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• exactly why in the world would you leave your child with someone like that, wth is wrong with people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• They are charging the mother of the child too. CPS was already investigating the parents. This sounds really weird; I wonder if we will ever get all the details.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I read something a few minutes ago that said the dad is related to that woman. I guess that is why she was allowed to be the babysitter. What I want to know is why that baby is so small. Something I seen the other day made it sound like its not much bigger than a newborn and how did they know the baby wouldn't make a sound under the bed? Is there something wrong with the baby they haven't released? The article I read today said they gave permission for the house to be searched because they had placed the baby in a box and hid it under a bed. They figured it wouldn't be found.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 10:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It makes me think they were trying to sell the baby but wanted to make it look like he was kidnapped or killed first so there'd be an end to the case. You don't hide a baby for 5 days and the baby be completely healthy unless you were takingt care of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Sounds like the mom was a giant loser like the sitter. I hope they all go to prison including the dad who was related to the sitter and knew her past. Poor baby hope it is adopted into a good family the parents are losers I imagine the rest of the family is not much better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2009