Need help...recommendations for LOUD alarm clock

Hello Ladies! I need help with my 18-yr.-old son. He sleeps through his alarm almost all the time, even though I can hear it through the walls, that damn annoying beep, beep, BEEP. All three of my children are wonderfully sound sleepers, which may have to do with being 1/2 a block from our town's fire station, lol. However, now it is becoming a pr0blem because he is almost daily at least 10+ mins. late, but I'm working, too, and am not here to be sure he's up. He's a SUPER worker, so he's been lucky up to this point but I worry about this bad habit he's developed. I am not of this school, you get to work at least a few minutes before you are scheduled. PLEASE, anyone have or know of a super loud alarm clock. I don't want to waste $ on different alarm clocks that SAY they are louder than others. Thanks very much to all of you that respond!!! Have a great day! =)

edcmyangels

Asked by edcmyangels at 9:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• Get a radio clock and crank it up I'm sure he won't sleep through LOUD LOUD music outta nowhere. I sleep thru alarms to but can't sleep through the radio going off. So I'm speaking from my own personal experience. And my hubby is the same way also.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• How about having 3 of them in his room. =]
    Anonymous

• my brother was the same way...untill he got one that has someone screaming SURGE!! you know the soda that used to be around.

Try one that you can program a person speaking even yelling at him lol

People tend to respond/wake up better when they hear a person speaking.

ps my brother is now able to wake up to a "regular" alarm. His wife made him get rid of the old one when they got married and moved in together lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• What about the alarm clocks that have a vibrator so they actually shake the bed? Can't remember the exact name but just Google......"Shaking alarm clock".

I'm getting my son the "CLOCKY" for Christmas. If you get up right away, no problem. If you hit the snooze button it rolls off onto the floor and across the room, making you get out of bed to turn it off.

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 8:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2009

• what you should do is make him do this. he's the one affected, and as long as you take responsibility for him, he's not going ot learn a thing
    Anonymous

• Want to borrow our 1 year old? Regular as any alarm clock she wakes up at 6:30 sharp crying & screaming. LOL

Personally if he's not getting up when it goes off then get yourself an ice cold glass of water and dump it on him 5 minutes later when you're around or give permission to younger siblings to do so. Another option might be to call him on his cell phone assuming that he has one. For some reason they can hear their cell calling from a mile away but can't hear you talking to them when you're side by side.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:12 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• LOL.... this happens at my house to!!!
    I was told to put marbles in the freezer and place on their bed when the alarm goes off and they have to get up because the marbles roll around!!!
    Oh, a bull horn.... this WORKS!!!! hahahahaha
    By the way, my son set his alarm to crazy rap music and I hated that everyone woke up and dogs barked.... i was so not happy
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• At his age he should be getting up with no assistance from mommy. If he doesnt get up that is his problem.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• I believe that at this age they should be taking reasonibility for themselves and gettin up on there own at the same time though i remember how badly i wanted my son to do well and make a good impression. Maybe suggest to him to buy a stero with and alarm in it and then crank the puppy up with him favorite music. But he should definitely be the one to choose to do it. It is his life he is settin up for :) good luck
    cranberrygirl11

Answer by cranberrygirl11 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 20, 2009