and you call yourself a mother?

my sister in law is the laziest sorriest "mother" i'v eever known....my poor brother does EVERYTHING! he had to do a double shift so didn't get home until really late tuesday night and he usually gives all 3 kids a bath and cooks supper and cleans up the kitchen. (his wife is a lazy, selfish bitch)... my mom and i keep his kids 3 days a week...well last night i decided i'd give them a bath and have them ready for church. well the baby (not quite 8 months old) has an inverted penis so you have to take extra time cleaning it, well it had funky white junk in it and she sunk b/c she didn't give him a bath and he has diaper rash so bad his little ball sac is red as tomatoes, the middle child has diaper rash all on her butt and her vaginia was crusty, the oldest had on stained clothes and her vagina was crusty too. i know my brother can't do everything but why in the hell didn't their mom give them a bath?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Relationships

• You do need to approach your brother about this asap. Just find a time when your SIL isn't around and tell him flat out what you've observed and that you've had to bathe them because she's obviously neglected to do so. Tell him leaveing the children in her care at all may be detrimental to their health since she won't take care of them. Be aware this may cause a fight or even a rift between the two of you, but just know that he probably already knows this as he has been doing all the work for some time. You could tell him he needs to either talk to her about stepping up and being a REAL mom or he needs to get out and file for custody... you could offer to help him with it too. Hope it works out.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 9:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• OP- how can i approach my brother about this? he needs to know she's not bathing them when he's working and obviously can't be there to do it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Aren't you a good sister. Thank God these children have you as their Aunt. They will be very grateful in the future for all your trouble.

You're a wonderful Aunt!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• yes something should be said she cant be a "mother" like that wth!
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 11:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I would offer to watch the kids a few evenings during the week just so that they can get bathed. Seriously.

You are doing a good job. But, i would tell your brother about what you saw. I would not act as if she is a HORRIBLE mother to him, you don't want to insult anyone. But, maybe suggest that if they bathed more often, they would not have these problems. Or you can jsut say out right "someonme needs to be bathing your kids more". But, the issue needs to be adresses, because they can get infections down there & that will open a whole new can of worms.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:18 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• oh my. It sounds like the children are being a little bit neglected. Poor babies. I don't know how to handle this situation without making the mom feel attacked. Maybe you could just tell them what you saw such as stating it as fact and not putting in your opinion about it. Just say well they had a rash, so I put some cream on it. They were dirty here, so i cleaned it etc. I would definately try to watch the kids more if I were you so that you can make sure they're being bathed. of course that's not all that fair to you either.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I actually read your post and was not going to answer but here I am. It really is sad that your neices and nephew are living like that. It is uncalled for actually. Thank goodness your mom and you are in their lives. You had better be careful though making dramatic comments to your brother about his wife. He may just turn around and mark you and your mom out of their lives-be careful b/c your nieces and nephew clearly need you in their lives. You may need to be the advocate for these kids.
    Anonymous