Yeast Infection? (also posted in Health)

Ok, so my husband and I are TTC, and last month I had an infection under my fingernail which needed anitbiotics. So maybe day 2 of antibiotics I started getting itchy "down there". Well after I stopped the anitbiotics, I was still itchy, but then, almost like I cut myself down there, when I'd pee it would sting in some spots! It went away for a couple days. But now it's back. It still stings when I pee. I'm not itchy anymore. I DONT have any discharge changes...but I hear you can have a yeast infection without discharge?! And now my husband has a read sore like cut on his penis! It will kind of crust over, and it's not that big, but then when he gets an erection it seems to open back up and it hurts him to have sex! I am SO EMBARRASSED about this. It's hard to TTC when sex is painful for him. Could this be a yeast infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm sorry I'm just saying its better to be safe than sorry. Don't be afraid or embarrassed. It could just be some freaky strange side effect of the antibiotic. I know of one guy that got a yeast infection as well (his wife told me about it) and I guess he was all rashy and itchy down there the sore could just be a step up from that. I am really very sorry though I didn't mean to scare you. I'd just rather you be safe! And don't be embarrassed more mortifying things have happened to people. Gl!
    Anonymous

• Both you and your husband should go get checked out! He should not have a sore on his penis and you should not be in pain! I've gotten lots of yeast infections and none of them ever affected my husband in any way and I've always had discharge. My best advice would be to go get checked out for STI's because the way you describe his sore it could be worts/herpes or syphilis. Best of luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well I'm sure it's not worts or herpes...we are both clean! And this all started when I took the antibiotics....but now you scared me. I'm even embarrassed to call the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009