Help! I am having a girl and hate pink!

Does anyone know of a place where I can get feminine pretty things that are NOT pink?! I just found out I am having a girl, and was appalled at the fact that everthing I picked up at the regular stores had some form of pink in it.

tarabartish

Asked by tarabartish at 10:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was like that when i was pregnant with my dd, i did everything in purple lol, i got alot of stuff at babies r us and target
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• There are a million other colors and things you can get that aren't pink.
    Find neutral and pastel colors, yellows, pale greens, light blues, purple, ... not all girl things are pink.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 10:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I wish I had your problem. LOL Geranimals (sp?) makes baby clothes in a variety of colors. That's at Wal mart.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:06 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Most stores have things in all colors!
    I got 2 sets of onesies from bonnie togs[carters]. One is purple and green theme, and the other was blue and red [like cherries, polka dots]
    both very cute and girly, and not pink!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I did my nursery and everything in purples.....try Target. I brought in a color sample to the paint store and had paint created for my nursery. I hate pink as well :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 10:09 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• All over the place!

You can find feminine nursery decor and even baby gear (strollers, carseats, etc) in pretty teals & chocolates. You can also find a lot of purple, lavender, green, and yellow girl stuff.

I hate pepto pink. I did my girl's nursery in butterflies. It's yellow, green, purple, and teal.

The only time you won't be able to get around the whole pink thing is with clothes. It is close to impossible to find up to size 9 month clothes for girls that aren't pink. You can find them, it will just take a lot of shopping around and it may get pricey. But after a year old, there are a ton of non-pink girl clothes. My 3 yr DD looks great in blue and green.

Congratulations!
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• You don't have to do all pastels. You can do denim and bright colors.

When my oldest was a baby 30 years ago some of us believed in non-sexist child rearing. We raised our children to have the best qualities of both sexes. No way a girl would have pink or a boy would have camo, it was too extreme. Boys would have dolls or at least stuffed animals and things to nuture them with like slings. Girls would have dump trucks. They would have all kinds of toys. We decorated with bright primary colors and clothes were bright.

The thing is non-sexist child rearing works and you don't hear anything about it anymore. You go to Target and walk past the toys and there is this whole PINK isle.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have 4 girls and we have almost no pink in our house! A few things here and there that one or two of them picked out, but it's actually pretty easy to find non-pink things. I did the girls' rooms in soft yellow when they were younger. Then added some lavender, etc. I can be frustrating when all you immediately see is pink in the girls section at stores, but if you look around a little you can find a lot of things that aren't pink.

I think I must have done the non-sexist child rearing thing without even being aware of it. My girls liked all kinds of toys from trucks to dolls (though the preferred to take the heads off the Barbies and have Barbie zombie head wars). I always just buy what they like and not what society thinks they should have. :D

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I feel ya! I actually used to like pink. Now that DD is 18 mos old, I'm SICK of it! I cant stand to see another pink thing as long as I live. Lol. When I found out the new baby is a girl, I told DH NO PINK! I've had really good luck at The Children's Place, they have cute clothes in lots of bright colors and they run GREAT clearance sales!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Carter's makes some really cute non-pink stuff for baby girls - check their outlet stores for good deals :) Congratulations on the baby girl!!!
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2009