Do you believe the myth about catching the bouquet at a wedding?

Do you believe the myth that if you catch a bouquet at a wedding your the next one to wed? Do you have any stories about friends, or even yourself that this happened to?
I remember at my cousin's wedding her best friend caught the bouquet and some while after she got married. But that could have been just coincidence.

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I dont believe it...I usually see a tween catch it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:23 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• No, it's just that, a myth....my cousin caught the bouquet at my sisters wedding....she doesn't even have a boyfriend yet. And I was the one that got married next. It's just a silly game you play at a wedding.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:24 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I caught the bouquet at my cousins wedding, and even though it was 5 years later, I was the next to get married. My brother accidentally 'caught' the bouquet at my wedding....twice (The first time I threw it, it went over a fence and he rescued it, the 2nd time it went onto a roof, and slid down right into his arms!!) Guess what......he was the next to get married, also a few years later!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• No, I don't believe it, but I think it is fun to be the one to catch it. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Well I do believe on the power of persuasion. You catch the bouquet and you end up with the responsibility to get a husband. Follow the tradition!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• It worked for me. My mom got married in May. I started dating a guy in June. We were married in November. Now Sunday will be our 4 year wedding anniversary. At our wedding, I threw the bouquet and hit my BFF in the head with it. It actually got stuck in her hair. lol. Then she got married last month. It may just be coincidence, but I dunno.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009