Good Camera?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but maybe someone can help me. I'm wanting to buy a new camera, a really good one, that will take good pictures when I'm at a concert or an event, even if I'm setting kind of far away. What's a really good camera for that?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Depends on the kind of money you want to spend.

For a basic point and shoot, I like the Nikon Coolpix and the Canon powershot.

If you're willing to spend a little more check out a Canon or Nikon DSLR. I have a Canon DSLR, and I love it. I want to upgrade as I've had mine for 4 years. Since I have multiple Canon Lenses and a flash, I need to stick to Canon, those things are expensive! I'm really leaning towards the Canon 7D or 50D. Right now I have the Rebel XT and it takes great shots, especially with my new lenses. But it's an older model and I want a new one.

Here's a picture I took at Virginia Beach two weeks ago:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I don't want to go over 400.00, will that get me a decent camera?
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Check ebay, that's where my mom bought hers. She got the camera, a lens that was better than a kit lens, a really nice case, a big tripod, a mini tripod and a few other extra's and she spent about $400.00 about 18 months ago. She has the same camera that I do.

Cearch for Canon Ditigal Rebel XT or XTi, those are the two models that would probably be in your price range.

Not sure about Nikon, I don't shoot with one, so I really have no idea about the price ranges of their cameras.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2009