feeling like i don't want to have a baby :( hormonal

hi ladies, i just want some support. my husband and i really wanted to have another child. my son is 2 now. we thought about it and talked about it for 3 mos then decided to stop preventing pregnancy and got pregnant right away! yay! so lucky, i know how lucky that is.

but now i am feeling scared and thinking "what were we thinking!" and "i don't want another!" "s/he'll just mess up what we have with our son!" etc. i know it's just hormones and freaking out.

my husband gets upset if i say anything about it. he tries to be supportive but... you know...

the exhaustion and all day sickness aren't helping i know. and work is stressful during october/november for me. bla

thanks ladies for any kind words of encouragement. this is a planned pregnancy, i can't believe i am feeling this way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I felt the same way you did... I felt so guilty about getting pregnant again and thought I couldnt love another the way I loved my daughter and that in some way I thought I was jipping her out of all our attention. However, It totally changed later in my pregnancy and when I saw him!! Its amazing how much you can love another just as much as the first when you didnt think you could. You will be fine and this will pass I promise!!! Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am 29 wks with my 2nd and I felt the exact same way! We have almost the exact same circumstances. We knew we wanted another child before DD was even born. We knew we wanted them to be close in age. So, we stopped preventing and became pregnant almost instantly. I know we are so blessed....and I'm getting better...but for the longest time I felt like we made a mistake. I felt guilty that the baby would be taking away from DD. She is the light of our lives and I feel so bad that she will have to share us. I even feel like I might not like the baby as much as I do DD. :-(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I have always been afraid that i could never love another like i do my first. My friends all say that your heart just grows. i think fear is natural to a life change. I'm sure it will be a great experience and your feelings about it will be up and down throughout the pregnancy. You may feel guilt about time taken from you 1st child or financial worries or exhaustion, but all this will pass. When u start to get really worried watch 18 and counting (my dd cause it 18 and pregnant) and you will start to count your blessings:) Good luck!

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Hugs! It sounds like you have alot going on in your life right now- work, feeling sick, taking care of your son... so it is no wonder you are starting to stress about being pregnant and how a new baby will affect your life/family. One thing you can do is take a few minutes each day and de-stress- do something relaxing and think positive thoughts. Sometimes taking a few minutes for yourself can help alot.
    Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:52 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• yes if i tell my husband i don't think i will love this baby as much as my son, he gets upset and says i shouldn't think things like that :(

-OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• As for your feeling about a new baby-- I think we all have reservations and worries when we are pregnant- about loving the new baby as much, having to divide up our time.... Yes, somedays it can be a challenge when you have 2 (or more) children wanting your time and attention, but it is worth it. A mothers love is never-ending, it grows and stretches to include each child.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I think this feeling is very common! This does not mean that you will not love this baby. The time will come and you will get excited and then you will hold your little one and fall in love! You will be amazed at how big a mothers love is!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i'm feeling the same way. it's that since of being scared and freaked out. i can't turn back from it now and when the time comes i know my feelings will change. at least i hope they do. good luck.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• IS NOT GOONA BE BAD. I HAVE TWO KIDS. WE WERENT TRYING I WAS ON THE PILL. I LOVE BOTH MY KIDS THE SAME. MYPRINCESS AND MY LIL MAN
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• yep i felt the same way. my first was an opps so i didn't have that. this one is an opps and i dont have that feeling really either. it's just wow i'm gonna have three lol the feeling does go away though. it's just hard because you wonder if you are doing the right thing. spend as much time as you can with ur son now. and always make special one on one time for him.
    mommy2xp

Answer by mommy2xp at 12:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2009