please help tmi

okay for the past 2 weeks i have been finding blood in my stool,not only on it all in it and around it. i went to the doctor and he said due to my age which is 16 that its common.but is it common to happen this long? i mean everyday no hemroids either.help.

Wytegirl

Asked by Wytegirl at 10:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• I would get a second opinion. I never had blood in my stool at that age.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• since you said all around it i wonder....have you been constipated, or has it been diffucult to have a bowel movement? it may just be causing little tears in the skin which will cause bleeding. what color is it? if its bright red, its prob tears, but if its dark red like almost blackish then its internal. i say if its the skin tearing than get some stool softeners and see what happens if its the other get another opinion!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• its bright red no i havent had a problem pretty regular.
    Anonymous

• has your dr discussed the color and so forth? i still wanna say bright red is like a skin tear. have you recently had a baby? really though, if you're not satisfied with your dr you need to find another opinion. what confuses me is him saying normal for your age. i think thats what bothers me the most.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• no i have never been pregnant. he told me to come back if it last longer than a week. im just worried ya no.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 11:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2009