Seriously, would you take this anymore?

Ive been watching a 7mth old since he was about 2 months. I also have a 2yr old and am 30 wks pregnant. But I honestly dont know if its because he isnt my kid, but he drives me nuts! Even after feeding him and changing him, he whines like none other. I cant hold him 24/7 and I know he is teething but even my son cant stand him. I watch him like 10-12 hours a day and only get maybe 1-2 days off a week. I get paid by the state and its some money considering I stay at home but the mom is always late and always very picky on things. Its like I wake up to watch him, then go to sleep and wake up to do it again. I also am in school online and run a business. Am I just taking too much on? Or should I quit now? I know Im quitting by Christmas considering my daughter will be here soon after. I cant take it anymore though! The mom is also a friend of mine but I feel like Im being used.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If she isn't respecting your time (being late) then I would give her 2 weeks to find another sitter...given that you are going to quit soon anyway..I would want to spend as much time with my other child before his sibling appears.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i don't think you can do right by the child either with the feelings you are having so i would stop watching him/her. i certainly wouldn't want someone watching my child if she was feeling this way about him. i would tell her you will watch him until november 27, to give her time to find other arrangements, and then stop watching him. good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i agree.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Stop watching the baby! I was in the same boat, it's hard to deal with and really bond and "like" a cranky infant that is NOT yours, don't feel bad! Give her some time to find other arrangements, if she's a friend she should understand if you let her know it's just too much for you right now with everything else going on in your life!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 11:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I agree with the above stop watching the baby. My LO is one of those cranky infants also and I had a friend and mother of 2 watching him and just a few hours at a time and even though she never came straight out and said it I could tell it was just too much for her so I set up other arrangements and she thanked me. So being on the other side of this I'd say your friend will most likely understand that its too much for you. Good luck! And congrats on the LO on the way!!!
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2009