my right boob hurts bad!

for 3months my right boob hurts bad! i cant even touch it. it does have a lump in it. could it be cancer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Health

• A good rule of thumb from my doc: "Cancer doesn't hurt."

You should still go see a doctor though!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 11:00 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• We aren't doctors. We don't know your medical history or your family's history for breast cancer. We don't know your age, whether or not you are pregnant or breastfeeding or recently were pregnant or breastfeeding. We don't know what the lump feels like or how large it is or even how long you've had it.

You need to go to your doctor.

I'm 33 and have had 3 breast lumps. They have all been tumors, but none of them were cancerous. I had to have an ultra sound done on each one. The first lump, when I was 19, looked suspicious so I had to have a biopsy.

None of us are going to be able to tell you whether or not you have cancer. Breast lumps can come and go with your monthly cycle. If you've had an entire period cycle and it's still there (in other words it's been there more than a month) then it's time to go to your doctor.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• well i know you didnt know much but im 16, i am not pregnant, i have never been pregnant. no one in my family has ever had breast cancer. i do have a doctors appointment on dec 15th though.
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 6:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2009