Taking too much on? Posted in other Questions

Ive been watching a 7mth old since he was about 2 months. I also have a 2yr old and am 30 wks pregnant. But I honestly dont know if its because he isnt my kid, but he drives me nuts! Even after feeding him and changing him, he whines like none other. I cant hold him 24/7 and I know he is teething but even my son cant stand him. I watch him like 10-12 hours a day and only get maybe 1-2 days off a week. I get paid by the state and its some money considering I stay at home but the mom is always late and always very picky on things. Its like I wake up to watch him, then go to sleep and wake up to do it again. I also am in school online and run a business. Am I just taking too much on? Or should I quit now? I know Im quitting by Christmas considering my daughter will be here soon after. I cant take it anymore though! The mom is also a friend of mine but I feel like Im being used.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think you may be irritable because you are so far along. Don't act impulsivly, get your priorities in line and decide what you can live without collectively. Simply telling her to pick her kid up on time may do the trick. And if you are going to stop watching him give her 2 weeks notice,remember how would you feel.You may look back and say damn I wish I still had that extra dough! But really only you will know best because you are the one in the situation.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I know it is hard to remember but this baby is in your care, not his mom's, for very long periods of time. I would be whiny,too. It doesn't help that you have a toddler and are pregnant. He is still very, very young and many 7 month olds need a lot of holding. I would say to try a sling, it might be uncomfy as you get larger but it can be done.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2009