constantly feeling thirsty and have a horrible taste in my mouth? anyone else

i know it's related to my nausea, but i feel thirsty all the time, and i drink as much water as i can, am always drinking water. and i always have a gross taste in my mouth. blech. sorry about all the questions this morning.

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 11:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That was me with my second child. I didn't have nausea with her, but I had dry mouth constantly. I would even have to keep a water bottle by my bed at night. Try getting something with electrolytes in it, like maybe Gatorade or buy a bottle of "Smart Water" at your local convience store. Bless your heart, I've been there done that lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:15 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Let your doctor know....sometimes diabetes can have this symptom. It might be nothing but you should let the doc know!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• hum i didn't know about the diabities. i have the same problem. more so at night when i'm not so busy i notice that i want a tall glass of ice water then another and another. i have never drank so much water in my entire life. i also have nasty taste in my mouth. it could be caused by yoiur gums or teeth. i read that dental problems can occur when pregnant and it can harm your baby. i'm overdue so i'm waiting it out as i can pretty much go anyday. as for you talk to your dr about these issues.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• This is a normal part of the first trimester. It will go away once you're in the 2nd trimester. I find that drinking water when it's super cold helps. You can also suck on ice. Buy some decaf tea and brew ice tea at home. Not only does tea cover up the weird taste, but it also naturally soothes your tummy.

Other things that have helped: chew gum, suck on hard candy, Preggie Pops. Also, get some of your water from fruit. When you're really thirsty but feel like you can't handle water, eat an apple, orange, or some grapes.

This is just the 1st trimester yucks that you have to get through.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• well it can be a sign of diabetes u should talk to ur doctor about it. u need to be healthy for the baby
    MOMMY_CHICAGO

Answer by MOMMY_CHICAGO at 12:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• the bad taste could also be from acid reflux. even with out heart burn.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i like the ice idea! and thanks for the diabetes mention, i'll google that, and my first appt is in 3 weeks. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2009