Where do you buy your house decor/furniture?

I'm trying to make my house look a lot less plain, lol. I need as cheap as possible, but good products too. Any suggestions? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in Home & Garden

• you can get cheap and good things. I have a sofa that I bought a long time ago from bobs furniture and its really nice and I only paid $400 for it. Burlington coat factory has a home section that has nice inexpensive things, marshalls, tjmaxx, go through all the clearance aisles, i like target also. I was watching the designer Christopher Lowell and he said that if you want to make a room look amazing and you dont have much money, you can take the bulk of your budget and buy one really good piece of furniture, preferably the couch or some other focal point and accessorize with less expensive things.
    You can also look online like craigslist or freecycle, you can get some nice things on there too. gl and have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Cheap and good products don't go together. Buy good products so they last longer especially if you have young kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Pier 1,HomeGoods,Marshalls,TJ Maxx, Kohls. Depends what you are looking for but these are some of my favorite places for household decor. Have fun Shopping.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I really like Ashley Furniture. They carry great looking furniture and they usually have 0% no APR for several years. It's Awesome!! Hope this helps. Oh' I also like TJ Maxx/Home Goods for home decor. It's unique and reasonable priced.

www.workathomeunited.com/sassymom To request information on how to earn an income from home or just an extra paycheck for the holidays.
    ctwoodford

Answer by ctwoodford at 11:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Decor... all over. Especially garage sales. I'm into snowmen and I have them ALL over my house all year round. I seriously have stuff from everywhere from nice Home Interior stuff to stuff from the dollar store. If it's cute, I buy it.

I have pictures that I took (I'm a photgrapher) that my mom had printed in 8x10 and had framed to 11x14's. I have other pictures and wall hangings that I got from everywhere. For Christmas this year, I'm getting gallery wrapped 16x20 or 20x24 prints that I took of my kids.

Our furniture also comes from everywhere. Some of it is cheapy and some of it is quite expensive. We're definitely mix and match people.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• Ikea. Ikea is amazing.
    MissG9

Answer by MissG9 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• i got my sofa from macys...and a chair from tjmaxx....tv stand from potterybarn.kitchen table from jordans furniture.
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• I am going to be going threw the same situation in the next few months.I know that it's worth it to pay for good quallity.Although when your on a tight budget it's easier to kind of mix and match.I think if you have the time, you CAN find some great bargains out and about. Go to furnitre stores and look for sales.Bob's has a store called the pit it's got things that might have gotten scratched or a tiny nick or something like that. It cuts the price in half some things. There are allot of stores doing lay-aways to, some only this time of year so check it out and go to outlets they have really cute things. I remember finding a really nice pappason round chair with the foot peice to at Peir One for like 80.00 a few years ago. I loved that chair. Look inthe paper too some area's better than others with stuff they are selling.You might find something you love'.If money's not an object then lucky you my friend'. Happy findings !
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 12:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• We have all (very beautiful) vintage furniture; mostly solid maple and mahogany. Our furniture is from garage sales, auctions, thrift shops, alleys.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

• we shop around and price compare.. then we lie!! We take whatever price tore A gives us (like $500...) adn we subtract 20%... so we end up with $400 and thats what we tell store B they said they would give it to us for. We almost ALWAYS get the price we want.. and if not, we come back the next day and they are always willing to make the sale on day two. Especially now with the economy the way it is.
    I mix and match too.. I love vintage... sometimes a table from 1970 looks HORRIBLE but once you give it a coat of white or black laquer its immediately chic modern and new, plus older furniture tends to be built really well or be solid wood. Its SO worth the time taken to refinish it. I like IKEA for accessories.. and places like salvation army and Deseret Industries cant be beat for vases, books, lamps... garage sales too! And estate sales.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 8:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2009