Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok time for me to vent ladies!! This is driving me crazy!

My x and I were married for 4 years & getting divorced for 3 of those years...anyways throughout the relationship we brought 2 beautiful little girls into the world! Ok so my point is our divorce was final in sept and this made him have to pay child support! Aug-Sept he was suppose to pay 150$ every 2 weeks and then starting in oct 275$ every two weeks to catch himself up unitl june 2010 where then he will start to pay 250$ every two week! Well in the papers in black and white it says he is suppose to pay the court house and also pay the court 33$ a year to process the checks! Anyhow the last check I got from him was the first of oct and it was only 150$ and it was a personal check which he was not suppose to give me! Ive asked him about the money and he says he has sent a check to the dispursement unit a week ago for only 150$ HELLO!!! your behind and your kids need things! HELP LADIES He is making me think he is a dead beat!

Answer Question

Asked by jami5 at 11:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • If he is working his employer can deduct it directly from his check and send it through the courts for him..

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • Give him a warning. If he doesn't comply contact family court in your area.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • He totally refuses to have his wages garnished because i tried that when we went to court the first time! He would rather party with his new woman then pay child support which strikes me as odd because with our relationship he never wanted to do any of that he was all about paying the bills and now he just dont pay anything anymore!

    Answer by jami5 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • He cant refuse to have his wages "garnished". That's up to a judge. I think you mean he refuses to have it directly taken from his check voluntarily. If its garnished its a court order that he has no control over. If he continues to not pay he can get arrested & they will garnish his wages. Report him to child support enforcement. They need to have an open case on him or nothing will get done. good luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • I know it's all a pain in the ass, but in order to get your money you'll have to call child support services to make him pay the way he has to.If he's already starting to mess it up. I wouldn't take any chances and if he's a bad dad only time will tell and that has nothing to do with you.Life does go on after divorce.Been there done that. Don't wait , it takes time for everything to go into effect. Oh and don't let him talk you in or out of doing what's best for your kids, momma know's best!!!!

    Answer by Stefono at 12:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

  • i know that if u dont make much and u go to welfare for cash assentance,they will give u the money ur supposed to get from him for child support,and it will catch up to him ( he might go to jail if he doesnt pay his child suport. sorry no help(all my family goes threw welfare to get there child support. ive never had to deal with this

    Answer by angelairelan at 2:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.